ABBYY Business Card Reader for Windows is a handy productivity application that allows you to capture contact information from scans or digital photos of business cards and save it in manageable electronic data. An intuitive and efficient solution, Business Card Reader 2.0 enables professionals to quickly access information typically contained in piles of business cards and put their contacts to work. This will help professionals boost their productivity, raise the effectiveness of their business communications, save time and eliminate tedious retyping.
Business Card Reader leverages ABBYY’s state-of-the-art optical character recognition (OCR) and data capture technologies and delivers up to 99,8 percent accuracy of text recognition. It can accurately identify all types of contact data on a business card such as name (first, middle and last names), phone numbers, address, e-mail, title, company information, and more. Once detected, the data is ready to be automatically allocated to the appropriate fields in a database or saved as an electronic file for further use and sharing. An intelligent application, Business Card Reader 2.0 for Windows automatically checks captured contacts against the user’s existing Outlook database, providing replacement options when duplicates are found. This makes it easier to keep contact information up-to-date, which can be critical to business operations.
ABBYY Business Card Reader Light for Windows Key Features:
- converts business cards into digital formats
- intuitive interface means that you can start using the application right away
- unsurpassed accuracy of captured data ensured by ABBYY’s cutting-edge optical recognition technologies
- automatically recognizes business cards in 25 languages, even if several languages are used in the same card
- saves contacts as text files, e-mails them, or exports them to Microsoft Outlook
- works perfect with virtually any scanning device
- can read business cards in 25 languages including multilingual cards and automatically detects any supported language.
ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0 Light for Windows Free Full Version
Alternative Offer (Updated on January 2, 2015):
To celebrate the new year, ABBYY is offering ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0 for Windows for free. This time, it is the full version available for free, not the limited light version. Not sure for how long this offer will stay free, so if you’re interested get it now before it’s too late.
To grab your free copy:
1. Visit the promo page here (page in Russian), and submit your email.
2. You will receive your free serial number and download link by email in a few minutes. If the e-mail hasn’t arrived within 15 minutes, please check your spam, junk mail or promotions mail folder to locate it.
3. Download ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0 for Windows: BCR2.exe [303 MB].
4. Install and active full version with received serial number.
Here is the proof:
Old Promo – Still Working!
ABBYY Screenshot Reader is normally priced at € 25 per serial number / license code. But as part of a special promo, ABBYY is offering free download of ABBYY Business Card Reader 2.0 Light for Windows. This free download version of ABBYY Business Card Reader is one year limited with English interface only. Export to Salesforce is not supported.
It does not say how long this offer will last so you’d better grab it while you can. Visit the page here or here and click on the “Free Download” button to download the full version installer. The serial number has already been intergrated into installer file. On the same promo page, you can also download ABBYY Screenshot Reader 9 for free.
Some Tips on Positioning Your Business Cards on the Scanner
You can obtain better quality scans and reduce the scanning and capture times simply by correctly positioning your cards on the scanner. Be sure to observe the following three simple rules:
- Position all the cards identically, i.e. use either portrait or landscape orientation for all of your cards.
- Position the cards evenly. Data on skewed images take much longer to capture. Capture errors are also more likely on skewed images.
- If a flatbed scanner is used, scanning quality can be improved by introducing a contrasting background. This may be achieved by placing a sheet of dark paper on the business cards or keeping the lid of the scanner open.
Updated: This is not a new promo but lasts for a long time (I firstly shared it on Dec 16, 2011). It is still working and many of you may need it. I change the date published for this post to make it up.