It’s official. The next generation of the world’s best selling tablet computer, Apple iPad 2 is going to release on 29th April, 2011 in India, after only 1 month of its US launch (unlike, 1 year in case of iPad). Apple announced that it is launching the iPad 2 in 12 more countries, including Japan on April 28 and on April 29 in India and ten other countries.
iPad 2 Features & Specifications
iPad 2 has many superior features compared to the original iPad. It features an entirely new design that is 33 percent thinner and up to 15 percent lighter than the original iPad, while maintaining the same stunning 9.7-inch LED-backlit LCD screen. iPad 2 features Apple’s new dual-core A5 processor for blazing fast performance and stunning graphics and now includes two cameras, a front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime® and Photo Booth, and a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video, bringing the innovative FaceTime feature to iPad users for the first time. Though it is thinner, lighter, faster and packed with new features, iPad 2 still delivers up to 10 hours of battery life* that users have come to expect.
iPad 2 Specifications are as follows:
- Processor: Apple-A5 dual core processor (2 times faster than iPad’s processor), 1,066 MHz.
- GPU: Imagination’s SGX543 dual core graphics technology
- Storage: 16GB,32GB,64GB
- Resolution: 1,024×768Chip: GSM iPad: Infineon chip, CDMA iPad: Qualcomm chip
- Camera: Front facing video camera.
- HDMI Support (provides output up to output 1080p).
- Mirrored video output.
- Comes in two colors (black and white).
- Flap covering front side of the iPad 2.
- Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm) Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm) Depth: 0.34 inch (8.8 mm) Weight: 1.33 pounds (601 g)
Check out the video comparing iPad and iPad 2 by tysiphonehelp:
Pricing & Availability
iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in Japan on April 28 and Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey and UAE on April 29 for a suggested retail price of $499 (US) for the 16GB model, $599 (US) for the 32GB model and $699 (US) for the 64GB model. iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G will be available for a suggested retail price of $629 (US) for the 16GB model, $729 (US) for the 32GB model and $829 (US) for the 64GB model. iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in China on May 6, and further international availability will be announced at a later date.
Prices in Rupee:
|16 GB||32 GB||64 GB|
|WiFi||Rs. 29,500||Rs. 34,500||Rs. 39,500|
|WiFi + 3G||Rs. 36,900||Rs. 41,900||Rs. 46,900|