Autodesk, a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, just announced the availability of the AutoCAD WS mobile CAD application on the Android platform, allowing you to view, edit and share your DWG files in real-time on your Android phone or tablet.
AutoCAD WS for Android will include all the features already included in the successful iPad/iPhone app which was launched last September. There is a comprehensive set of tools for viewing, editing and markups and a Timeline for managing all previous versions of your design, so you can work on your designs while you are on the go. Open drawings from email attachments, sync your files from the web, or upload drawings directly from AutoCAD software. Drawings can also be saved locally so you can work in the field without an Internet connection.
Key features of AutoCAD WS Mobile App for Android Platform:
- Open DWG and DXF files – Open DWG & DXF files with support for file references, images, stylesheets and fonts.
- Add new objects and markups – Draw lines, polylines, circles and rectangles accurately. Edit and add text content.
- Edit drawing objects – Scale, rotate and move objects with an intuitive touch and gesture interface.
- Draw using snap and units – Snapping and units display help you make accurate changes and measurements.
- Different view modes – View the drawing in model space, grayscale or using a predefined stylesheet.
- Share and collaborate – Share drawings with others to view or edit online. See each other’s edits in real time.
One feature unique to Android version of AutoCAD WS is the text annotation tool supports integrated voice commands available on devices running Android 2.2 (Froyo) or above. Now Android users can insert comments and notations on a drawing simply by speaking rather than typing them into the text edit box.
Also, check out the brief teaser from the launch video:
AutoCAD WS for Android is available as a free download on the Android Market. Requires a multi-touch device running Android 2.1 or above. Recommended devices include: 1GHz processor, 512MB RAM.