Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2014 Offline Standalone Setup Installer [Direct Link ] – AVG Technologies today released its new 2014 consumer product line, featuring the same level of protection along with some really great new features and improvements over the previous version. Among new 2014 solutions is the very popular AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2014, the latest version of possibly the world’s most downloaded free antivirus! The Free AVG antivirus offers high quality basic protection for your windows PCs from all types of malware threats including viruses, adware, spyware, worms, rootkits, and more. It meets antivirus security software needs for most casual computer users, online surfing, searching and social networking.
AVG AntiVirus 2014 goes beyond simply detecting and removing viruses on your PC. It also delivers great preventative protection that blocks infected links and files as you surf, checking everything before you click through. New for the 2014 edition is smart performance technology for quicker scans and gaming without annoying lags and freezes caused by scheduled updates and scans, meaning AVG AntiVirus 2014 is protection that never gets in your way. When it comes to privacy protection ‘AVG Do Not Track’ feature gives you control over which websites can collect and use your data (available if you take AVG Nation Toolbar as part of your installation). This joins AVG’s File Shredder and Data Safe to deliver powerful privacy and identity protection at home and on the move. Also new for the 2014 edition is AVG’s new, touch-friendly Interface, which makes managing your protection as simple as possible. Users of AVG AntiVirus 2014 also enjoy 24/7 phone support from AVG team of experts, 365 days a year.
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014
- Improved Performance / Reduced Footprint. We are always striving to reduce the footprint to ensure that our protection engines are having minimal impact on system resources. This release, we have reduced the footprint further compared to our last service pack release in March 2012.
- Improved Detection / Better Detection. Detection rates always need improving to ensure we are keeping up with internet criminals.
- Improved Detection / File Reputation. The new AVG client will check with our cloud service and report prevalence of certain files on user’s computers. We’ll then use this information to improve product’s detection capabilities (heuristics, behavioural detection etc). Customers need to opt into our product improvement program in order for us to access their data.
- Added privacy: AVG 2014 version not only helps keep your personal information safe when you’re online and on your PC, but we have further improved privacy protection with the new integrated File Shredder. Normal deletion isn’t always secure enough. In some cases, your data may still be recoverable. File Shredder deletes data securely to help ensure your most sensitive information remains private. Files are deleted permanently and can’t be accessed or recovered by someone else.
- New Data Safe, AVG’s own folder encryption, helps you create what is essentially a secured pseudo-partition in a native location that can only be unlocked with a password.
- Easy access to AVG mobile apps: User-friendly interface offers easy access to our free mobile apps. They range from mobile protection (AVG AntiVirus Free for Android) to privacy protection (AVG Safe Browser for iPhone & iPad) to mobile performance apps (AVG Cleaner for Android).
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014 Full Version Offline Standalone Setup Installer
AVG’s website points you to a download at Cnet – which is of course an online installer. You need to have active internet on the PC where you wish to install AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014 using this online Setup installer. For those who prefer the full version standalone offline setup installer for AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014 latest version can use the following direct download links to get the full installer:
Download AVG AntiVirus Free 2014: Download Page
However, take note that during installation, AVG tries to install a browser toolbar (AVG Security Toolbar) and change your default search provider to AVG Secure Search. If you do not want any changes to be applied to your system then be sure clear the relevant check boxes.