Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013 Offline Standalone Setup Installer [Direct Link ] – AVG Technologies today released its new 2013 consumer product line, featuring the same level of protection along with some really great new features and improvements over the previous version. Among new 2013 solutions is the very popular AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, the latest version of possibly the world’s most downloaded free antivirus! The Free AVG antivirus offers high quality basic protection for your windows PCs from all types of malware threats including viruses, adware, spyware, worms, rootkits, and more. It meets antivirus security software needs for most casual computer users, online surfing, searching and social networking.
AVG AntiVirus 2013 goes beyond simply detecting and removing viruses on your PC. It also delivers great preventative protection that blocks infected links and files as you surf, checking everything before you click through. New for the 2013 edition is smart performance technology for quicker scans and gaming without annoying lags and freezes caused by scheduled updates and scans, meaning AVG AntiVirus 2013 is protection that never gets in your way. When it comes to privacy protection ‘AVG Do Not Track’ feature gives you control over which websites can collect and use your data (available if you take AVG Security Toolbar as part of your installation). This joins AVG’s Anti-Spyware and WiFi hacker-defeating technology to deliver powerful privacy and identity protection at home and on the move. Also new for the 2013 edition is AVG’s new, touch-friendly Interface, which makes managing your protection as simple as possible. Users of AVG AntiVirus 2013 also enjoy 24/7 phone support from our team of experts, 365 days a year.
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013
- Even Greater Ease of Use. We’ve put a big emphasis for this release on making our product easy to use, for both our less-technically savvy customers, as well as those that wish to have greater levels of control with their PC protection. We’ve completely overhauled our interface, simplified our Firewall and improved our install experience.
- New User Interface. Our new User Interface has been developed with extensive involvement from our customers, helping us to build something that meets their needs specifically, while providing greatest ease of access to the most regularly used settings. The UI has been designed to suit the new Windows 8 visual style, to deliver a UI that will feel most at home within the Windows 8 environment.
- Better Install Experience. Our install experience is even easier for customers who both want to take the recommended path, as well as the custom install for more advanced users. This includes improvements for the many customers who first experience our product via a free trial.
- Improved Performance / Reduced Footprint. We are always striving to reduce the footprint to ensure that our protection engines are having minimal impact on system resources. This release, we have reduced the footprint further compared to our last service pack release in March 2012.
- Improved Detection / Better Detection. Detection rates always need improving to ensure we are keeping up with internet criminals.
- Improved Detection / File Reputation. The new AVG client will check with our cloud service and report prevalence of certain files on user’s computers. We’ll then use this information to improve product’s detection capabilities (heuristics, behavioural detection etc). Customers need to opt into our product improvement program in order for us to access their data.
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013 Full Version Offline Standalone Setup Installer
AVG’s website points you to a download at Cnet – which is of course an online installer. You need to have active internet on the PC where you wish to install AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013 using this online Setup installer. For those who prefer the full version standalone offline setup installer for AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013 latest version can use the following direct download links to get the full installer:
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013 provides two installation modes. The Default one will install AVG sidebar widget (for Vista/W7) or Security Toolbar, and will change the default browser search engine. If you do not want any changes to be applied to your system, you are adviced to choose choose ‘Custom’ and deselect components you don’t need.
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013 System Requirements
- Windows 2000, Windows XP (x86 and x64), Windows Vista (x86 and x64), Windows 7 (x86 and x64) and Windows 8 (x86 and x64).
- CPU: Intel Pentium 1.8 GHz or higher.
- Disk space: 550 MB (For installation only).
- Memory: 512 MB
News Source: Download.com