Have you ever felt lost after forgetting your smartphone at home? If so, then you already know that your Android is worth much more than the sum of its parts. This constant companion keeps some of your most important data at your fingertips. That’s why you need to be prepared in case your device ever leaves your side. After all, your smartphone may be replaceable, but what about its contacts, messages, photos and private accounts? Install Avira Free Android Security to protect your data and increase your chances of being reunited with your device.
Avira Free Android Security can remotely locate, lock or erase an Android phone anywhere in the world to maintain security. It can even make the phone ‘scream’ to help you find it hiding behind the couch cushions. For business users and families with lots of phones, Avira Free Android Security comes with Avira Android Web Console (a browser based control center designed for managing the security functions), which lets you manage up to five phones remotely. In addition to the locating and locking features, the Web Console lets you handle behind-the-scenes chores like activating/deactivating phones, remotely checking phone activity, current battery level, device model number and device IMEI number. Never again will you need to ask someone to read the IMEI number out loud to you.
Avira Free Android Security Key Features
- Remote Location Tracking – Avira Free Android Security can locate your device’s signal and display its location on a Google map.
- Remote Lock – Shield your personal information as soon as you think your device is missing. Lock your phone to wall off its contents and display special instructions to anyone who finds it.
- Remote Wipe – Phone stolen or hopelessly lost? Even in the worst case, your privacy is safe and sound. Visit the Web Console to erase all contacts, messages, apps, photos, login credentials and settings. You may also perform a factory reset of your device via the Web Console.
- Remote Scream – You prompt an alarm on your device that lasts 20 seconds, even if it was in silent mode. This way you can find your unattended phones.
- Call the Owner – The person who finds your locked phone can call and report the discovery by tapping a button on the touchscreen. All you have to do is set an alternate number in the Web Console.
- Manage Multiple Devices – Perfect for families and power users, Avira Free Android Security accommodates up to five devices on a single account. Easily add and remove devices, or adjust preferences for individual devices, right from any web browser.
- Monitor Battery Life and More – The Web Console provides a handy overview of your devices. In one place, you can see remaining battery life and installed Android version as well as device specifics such as model and carrier information.
- View a Device’s Security History – The Web Console stores the history of all Avira Free Android Security functions performed on your device(s). Places a phone has been located, dates and times of remote screams, locks and unlocks are conveniently available online.
Check out the video demo Avira Free Android Security
Unfortunately Avira Free Android Security app does not include a Antivirus function. “Since malware threats for Android are still relatively uncommon, we first focused on anti-theft and remote device management features in Avira Free Android Security,” said Travis Witteveen, COO of Avira. “We felt these features are something our customers need and want today, and as the threat landscape evolves we will add anti-malware features as needed.” If you are looking for a full-featured Antivirus and Anti-Theft security app for your Android Smartphones, you may try Avast! Free Mobile Security.
Avira Free Android Security is compatible with Android versions 2.2 (Froyo) and 2.3 (Gingerbread) and Android tablets are currently not supported. Download Avira Free Android Security from Google Play Store.