CloudOn is the essential productivity tool that allows you run cloud-hosted versions of Microsoft Office apps on an iPad or Android tablet. You can use your tablet devices to create, view, and edit files directly in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint. These applications will work the way you expect them to, and your files will look the way you want them to.
Aside from creating / editing docs on Word, Excel and PowerPoint, CloudOn is equipped with an Adobe Reader and a File Viewer that lets you open and view virtually any file type, including PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc. Furthermore, CloudOn also integrates with Box, Dropbox and Google Drive. Use CloudOn to connect with these services and open, edit and store your files in one place.
The CloudOn Workspace allows you to:
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your Android tablet to create or edit documents.
- Rename, delete and manage documents with your Box, Dropbox or Google Drive accounts
- View virtually any type of file, including: PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- Send files via email directly from the workspace
- Display, edit or create charts, change formatting, spell check, insert comments, etc into any Word, Excel or PowerPoint files
- Track changes while reviewing Word documents
- Use pivot tables and insert formulas in Excel workbooks
- Display and edit transitions in PowerPoint slides and present in full PowerPoint mode (not in PDF)
- Automatically save documents to avoid losing changes
Download CloudOn: Microsoft Office For the iPad & Android Tablet
CloudOn is available for both iPad and Android Tablet, for free. CloudOn for iPad is compatible with iPad and iOS 5.0 or later. And the android version is available for tablets running 3.1 and higher. Download it to make your tablets do some real work!
Download CloudOn for iPad: iTunes Link
Download CloudOn for Android Tablet: Google Play
It seems that the app is currently available for US, UK, and Canada users only.
Cloudon today announced an update (Version 2.5) for its mobile productivity app and it now available worldwide. Now anyone with an iPad or Android tablet can create, review, edit, and share office documents using the app.
What’s New in Version 2.5
- New! Draw attention to important points within your files by adding graphical annotations and notes.
- New! Each file now has a FileSpace – a single place to add notes and view all of the activity on a file, including edits and annotations.
- The improved ribbon within Microsoft Office® applications makes touch-based editing easier with larger tap targets and tablet-friendly layouts.
- Enhanced keyboard support allows better reviewing and editing of documents in various languages.
- Known Issue: Version Number is incorrect (this is v2.5 and not v2.2)
Original Post Date: May 13, 2012 Last Modified Date: Oct 19, 2012