After almost two weeks of the approval process, Google+ (Google Plus) app has been finally released for the most popular mobile OS platform “iOS”. The official, native Google plus app is now available on iTunes and you can download it for your iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 (Requires iOS 4.0 or later, doesn’t support iOS 5 yet). But the personalised Google+ app for iPad and iPod is not available yet.
Not surprisingly, Google+ App for apple iOS looks a lot like the Android version. Here’s the description of Google+ available on itunes page.
Google+ for mobile makes sharing the right things with the right people a lot simpler. Huddle lets you send super-fast messages to the people you care about most. And no matter where you are, the stream lets you stay in the loop about what your friends are sharing and where they’re checking in.
Google+ App for Apple Features:
- Circles let you share the right things with just the right people.
- Stream is where you can get updates from your circles or see what people are saying about things nearby.
- Huddle is super-fast group messaging for everyone in your circles.
You can download the free Google+ app from apple iTunes Store.
Update from Google:
We discovered an issue with the version of the iPhone Google+ App that was on the App Store. When we launched, the App Store started serving a previous test version of the App which didn’t have the stability and fixes that the latest version had. It started serving the correct version a little later. If you downloaded within the first 1 hour 40 mins, you may have downloaded the older test version.
- Click on the gear icon on the top left of your App’s homescreen and look right above the Help button, the version number of the App should be: 126.96.36.1999
- If that is not the version number, then please uninstall and redownload Google+ App.