Kaspersky Lab has released a new version of its flagship do-it-all security suite for at-home PC protection, Kaspersky PURE 2.0 Total Security. The new version comes with an overhauled new user interface to provide ease of use for people with different levels of computer literacy. This version also offers many improvements to existing functionality as well as a few new important additions.
Kaspersky PURE 2.0 uses the same award-winning security technology as Kaspersky Internet Security and delivers the ultimate PC protection for your home, combining everything you need to ensure the security of your PCs, identities, passwords and photos, to protect your children when they are online, and much more besides. Each type of threat is processed by a separate application component. This structure of the protection system allows a flexible configuration of the application, depending on the needs of any specific, or of an enterprise as a whole. Plus, Kaspersky PURE 2.0 is simple to use, allowing you to easily manage the security of every PC in your home from a single PC.
The Ultimate in Home Protection
Kaspersky PURE 2.0 provides award-winning protection against viruses, spyware, Trojans, spam, hackers, worms, keyloggers, rootkits, bots, scripts and phishing. It automatically updates itself with greater efficiency, neither getting in your way nor taking up computer resources. An improved interface allows users to simultaneously see the computer’s security status, with problem areas highlighted in red, and get instant access to the necessary modules.
New and Improved Features of Kaspersky PURE 2.0
- The Combined Power of the Cloud and Your PC. In addition to the traditional signature-based methods of threat detection, the latest cloud technologies and proactive protection methods – which are already being used in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 – are applied to deliver faster, more effective responses to today’s complex, ever-evolving threats.
- User Interface and Experience. One of the main goals of the PURE 2.0 developers was to simplify the interface while still ensuring its familiarity for current customers. The product’s main window allows users to simultaneously see the computer’s security status, with problem areas highlighted in red, and get instant access to the necessary modules.
- Home Network Control. Kaspersky PURE 2.0 features an improved, easy-to-use, centralised security management function for networked home computers. This allows users to check the protection status and update the antivirus database for all the PCs in a home network from just one computer.
- The improved Password Manager allows users to create strong passwords, store them securely and manage them easily. The password database can be accessed using a master password, a USB or Bluetooth device, or a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. The Password Manager supports several accounts, meaning that each user of a PC can have his/her own password database.
- More: check out the full release note.
Download Kaspersky PURE 2.0 Total Security [30 Days Free Trial]
Offer on Kaspersky PURE 2.0:
3 PCs – 1 Year Subscription for Only $9.99, valid from 2012-03-28 to 2012-04-24 (after rebate, US only): Link