MachStudio Pro 2 by StudioGPU is stand-alone, visualization and rendering software that lets 3D artists create and manipulate lights, materials, and HDR cameras in a real-time, non-linear workflow environment to achieve film quality results. It would be very useful for work in most any 3D creative pipeline such as game development, animation film, architecture, broadcast, pre-viz, CAD (Computer Assisted Design) and even product design.
A sample of the projects that have been created using MachStudio Pro include:
- Princess Twins of Legendale – DVD feature for MGA Entertainment
- Livin’ It Up with the Bratz™ – Interactive DVD distributed by Lions Gate
- Glitz ‘n Glamour – Interactive DVD distributed by Lions Gate
- PlayMobil™: The Secret of Skull Island – Interactive DVD distributed by Sony Home Video (Summer 2009)
- A-Bomb – Pilot for XLT
- A variety of ArchViz Projects for Gatehouse Capital among others.
It is also worth to point out that MachStudio Pro 2 is not 3D modelling or 3D creation software. It’s just a 3D virtualization and Rendering software. When 3D Models and animations are brought into MachStudio Pro from any Computer Graphic (CG) software, the MachStudio Pro workflow gives non-linear access to lighting, ambient occlusion, materials, cameras and High Dynamic Range (HDR) exposures (just to mention a few features) in an intuitive user interface allowing the artist to explore all aspects of the image in real-time. Processes which normally would be separated into specialized tasks in production are fluidly integrated into one creative vortex. Digital artists are limited only by their creative choices and artistic sensibilities, not by their technical acumen.
The Benefits of MachStudio Pro:
- Real-time rendering on your desktop — say good-bye to expensive render farms.
- Groundbreaking levels of interactivity giving the power back to the artist instead of the pipeline.
- Provides revolutionary workflow allowing manipulation of cameras, lighting, ambient occlusion, animation, and materials in real-time.
- Seamless interoperability with most leading CG software programs including Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max .
- Resolution independent, allowing renders at any resolution and format (e.g. 1080P, 720P, 16:9, 4:3, NTSC, PAL and even 2K and beyond).
- Render as final frame, or as passes for additional compositing work.
- Generate higher quality CGI results for less time and money.
Learn more about MachStudio Pro 2 @ studiogpu.com
Also check out the demo video below showcasing real-time workflows for lighting, materials,global illumination, ambient occlusion, depth of field, shadows, HDR lenses, hardware tessellation and more:
MachStudio Pro 2 Free Full Version Download:
StudioGPU had quietly made its $3,999 GPU-accelerated render engine MachStudio Pro 2 available to the public for free, and according to the developers, it looks set to remain that way. “One can never say permanent, but the full version of MachStudio Pro 2 will be available for free for the foreseeable future,” says Andrew Baum VP of marketing, “We have ongoing software development, but we have no plans to charge for development that is available to the general public.”
So download it now [Approximately 504 MB] and see how MachStudio Pro can help you explore and refine your creative options in real-time in full cinematic quality within a true non-linear 3D environment.
MachStudio Pro system requirements:
Microsoft Windows 7 – 32 bit or 64 bit
Microsoft Windows Vista Business – 32 bit or 64 bit (SP1 or higher)
Windows XP Not supported.
Hardware Minimum Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 or higher, AMD Athlon 64, or AMD Opteron processor
2 GB RAM
2 GB of available disk space
1 GB DirectX 11 compliant video card (tested w/ ATI and NVIDIA)