Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager that is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. Multi Commander has everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient. It not only has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view. But also includes some special features that allow you to do advanced task with ease. Like Auto-unpacking , Auto-sorting , Browse inside archives (Zip, 7zip, Rar, tar, gz), Workspace support, Scripting, Searching, Convert/Rotate image, View EXIF tags, Redate image, View/Edit MP3 Tags and a lot more. And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard.
Multi Commander contains a lot of features to give you a fast and more efficient workflows. And there are so many features and tweaks in Multi Commander that not everything can be listed here.
- Main Interface: Multi Commander uses Dual Panel layout and uses plug-in.
- Explorer Panel: The explorer tabs in Multi Commander is where you browse and explorer the file system. It has been optimized for a fast and efficient work flow using the keyboard. Using the mouse and drag and drop also supported.
- File Operations: All file operations like copy and move files are done in the background, So that you can continue to work. Plug-ins can hook them self into the process and there are plug-ins for auto sorting, auto unpacking files that are being copied
- File-System support: All file system in Multi Commander are supported as plug-ins, there are file system plug-ins for FTP, Zip, Rar, Tar, Gz and even a none file system like the registry can be accessed like it was a file system.
- MultiData Viewer: The file viewer in Multi Commander can view files of any size with minimal memory usage. You can highlight words or sentences and view files in different format like ASCII, Unicode , UTF8, Hex and Binary.
- Search: With search you can search for files from Multi Commander and you can create some powerful filter to match just what you want to find. You can also search in the search result to narrow down the result if you got a lot of matches.
- Picture Tools: The picture tools included in Multi Commander you can convert picture to and from different format, Rotate images, Extract Exif picture information and add columns with picture information.
- File Security Tools: With file security you can take ownership of files and change permission of files in an easy way.
- Extensions and plug-ins: Multi Commander is built around an Extensions / Plug-in architecture. The are multiple types of plug-in that can be created allowing the expansions of new features in an easy and safe way.
Multi Commander used to be a paid program and limit you to a 30 day trial period. But now the developer has decided to make it a freeware. You can now use Multi Commander full version free of charge.
Download Multi Commander for Free: Link (Portable version available)
Full supports for Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 2008 (32 and 64 bit) and can be installed without any Administrator rights.
Updated: New version MultiCommander 2.5.1 ( Build 1115) released on 28 Jun 2012. Because of the new toolbar system, Updated icons and Quick Launch bar, Multi Commander now has a new and better look.