Stuck having Windows Vista or Windows 7 interface on your computer? Luckily, though, you’ve got a new option: the freeware Snow Transformation Pack will make your Windows install look like Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Which meas that you will have the look of Mac OS X Snow Leopard with core functionality of Windows 7 / Vista.
This theme pack’s transformative effect is quite remarkable and it held me in thrall. Snow Transformation Pack will transform your entire user interface to Mac OS X Snow Leopard, including Snow Leopard Welcome Screen, Visual Style, Icons, Wallpapers, Sounds, Dock and much more. And ,at the same time, espite the visual overhaul, You won’t lose any functionality of your windows pc. As you can see, taskbar thumbnails still work just fine (as do jump lists) and you can still rearrange icons to your heart’s content. Window controls (minimize/restore/maximize) remain on the right — where you’re used to seeing them on your Windows system.
Snow Transformation Pack comes with the following main features below:
Add applications to emulate Snow Leopard features like Dock, Spaces, Shadow, and so on.
- Change Default logon screen background to default Snow Leopard wallpaper
- Change system theme to Snow Leopard.
- Change system branding logo to Snow Leopard
- Change system icons and graphics to Snow Leopard
- Change system configuration such as taskbar position to look close to Snow Leopard
Snow Transformation Pack 1.5 Released – What’s new:
- Changed Dock application from RK Launcher to RocketDock with older StackDocklet for performance/stability (new configuration)
- Fixed Desktop Theme Enhancements being checked even they aren’t checked from configuration
- Fixed FontSmoothingGamma value that breaks some applications like jDownloader
- Fixed reboot prompt to restore Windows Explorer shell if user choose not to reboot
- Fixed system files modification compatibilities with non-English edition OS
- Fixed x64 system files modification compatibilities
Snow Transformation Pack is one of the most faithful, complete OS X skins I’ve ever seen and it’s incredibly easy to install it on your pc. You just need to download this theme pack, install it, and after two reboots (the first one reboots is required to disable UAC, another to load modified system files) later your Windows desktop will looks remarkably similar to a real Mac running Snow Leopard. Also, when you’ve decided you’re sick of the OS X look, you can uninstall it just like any other program through Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
Overall, the Snow Transformation Pack looks pretty good, If you’re tired of the usual Windows GUI and want to get a Mac-like experience for a while, it’s a neat and easy tool to help you do so. Also, when you’ve decided you’re sick of the OS X look, you can uninstall it just like any other program through Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
Snow Transformation Pack gives a perfect visual theme of MAC OS X and because of this exact feel of MAC , Apple even filed a DMCA to remove the link in official site. But you can still download it free Here. It supports only Windows Vista/7 only, both 32bit and 64 bit. If you give it a try, please share your thoughts with us by giving a comment!
Also check out the latest Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Theme / Transformation Pack For Windows 7
Creating a System Restore Point before trying out a new software or a tweak is always recommended.