We all know about DropBox for free online file storage and sharing. But there are many other companies out there offering the same service for free, and one of the most popular and well functioning ones is Box.net. Box provides simple, secure sharing from anywhere – letting you easily store files online, send big files fast, access content on-the-go, and collaborate with others.
Normally, Box.net provides users with 5 GB free account with a 25mb file size limit. Now, here is some good news if you own a iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Box.net is giving away 50 GB of storage in the cloud completely free, forever to anyone who uses a Box Personal account on an iOS device i.e iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Your 50 GB of storage isn’t just limited to your mobile device – you get it anywhere you use your Box account, like on your laptop at home or your desktop at the office. According to Box.net’s blog post introducing this promotion offer, you’ll also get an increased file size upload limit of 100MB instead of 25MB.
Features of Box.net Box for iPhone and iPad:
- View files directly on your iPhone and iPad
- Share files easily with a link
- Upload photos to your Box account (iPhones only)
- Open files in other apps installed on your device, like Documents to Go and GoodReader (iPads only)
- Secure content with file-level encryption, a four-digit passcode and automatic logout when the app is closed
- Project files from Box to a TV, LCD monitor or projector via AV Out (iPads and iPhone 4S only); wirelessly stream content using AirPlay (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S only)
- Wirelessly print to AirPrint-enabled printers (iPads only)
- iOS 5 compatibility, including AirPlay connectivity for wireless streaming.
- Additional stability and performance improvements.
Free 50 GB Box.Net Online Cloud Storage:
This promotion only runs for 50 days till Dec. 2, 2011, so get your free space in the cloud by following these steps:
- Visit the app store and download the Box app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Log in to your account or register for a new one directly from the app
- Start sharing and collaborating in the cloud
Keep in mind you’ll need to download or update to the newest Box for iPhone and iPad app, version 2.4.3, then log into Box in order to get 50 GB. The new version of Box.net App comes with some great new features for iOS users like AirPlay to let you wirelessly stream Box content to an Apple TV for effortless projection of photos, videos, presentations and more.
It’s unfortunate that Android and other mobile users aren’t getting this same love, but you can just try the fee 5 GB Personal account.