Most of you may have probably used, or at least heard of, Winamp at some point in your lives. This venerable Media Player was released by Justin Frankel in 1997, which became vastly popular in the coming years as digital music sharing was at its early stages. Actually, I believe it was the first software we ever relied on for playing music on a computer.
This week, Nullsoft unveiled the official release version Winamp for Android. In addition to high quality playback and persistent player controls, Winamp for Android offers a complete media management solution featuring wireless desktop sync (Winamp 5.6 required), iTunes library import, & access to thousands of internet radio stations with SHOUTcast.
Winamp For Android app Key Features:
- Mobilize Your Library: A complete Android media management solution, that seamlessly syncs with your Winamp desktop library.
- Wireless Desktop Sync: No need to tie your Android™ phone down. Enable Wi-Fi sync and leave your cable behind.
- SHOUTcast Radio: Extend your listening experience beyond your own library. Discover over 40,000 internet radio stations.
- Download and Stream Free Music: From the Winamp for Android Home screen, you now have access to Free Music. You can stream songs individually and if you like them, download them directly to your Android device.
- Persistent Player Controls: Quickly pause, change tracks, manage play queue, see what’s playing, and access the Winamp home screen.
- Play Queue Management: The play queue is a temporary track listing that you can easily select and sort. And if you like, save it as a playlist.
- Widget Players & Shortcuts: Add playlists and the widget player to the Android™ home screen. Enable playback control from the lock-screen.
- Now Playing: Displays song info, album art and more. Press and hold on the song info to interact with other apps like Pandora, and the Amazon MP3 Store.
- Integration with Android’s “Listen To” Voice Action: Use your Android’s Voice Action to listen to artists and songs in Winamp.
- Scrobbling: Supports Scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed. Capturing all of your mobile listening history in real time.
To download Winamp for Android app, you can either scan the below QR code with your android phone or search for Winamp in the Android Market.