The popular Kaspersky Security Suite CBE has recently been updated to version 12 based on 2012 Kaspersky engine and released by ComputerBild magazine on issue 05/2012. If you haven’t heard of Kaspersky Security Suite CBE, it is a rebranded edition of Kaspersky Internet Security specially released for Computer Bild magazine subscribers, for totally free of charge. CBE is short for Computer Bild Edition.
Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 share a similar user interface and has all the major features of the current commercial version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. In addition, at the request of Computer Bild, Kaspersky lab has further optimized Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12. Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 has everything that you need to stay safe and secure whether you work, bank, shop or play online.
ComputerBild magazine has been continuously offering Kaspersky Security Suite CBE for free since the year 2007. Users can register and get free activation code for 91 days (renewable after 91 days forever from Computerbild.de). After 3 months, users have to re-activate the software by requesting the new license code from ComputerBild. This is a bit troublesome for some users but definitely worth it for others because it is free (normally cost $59.95 for 1PC 1Year) and your computer is protected by the latest Kaspersky 2012 engine.
Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 is German-only, but that is not a problem, I will show you how to easily activate Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 With Kaspersky CBE 12 Activation Code . So that you can use KIS2012 free for “lifetime”.
The following post contains two part:
1) Register and getting free activation code for 91 days renewable after 91 days forever from computerbild.de.
2) Use Free Activation Code from Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 for Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
Part 1: Register and getting free license activation code for 91 days renewable after 91 days forever from Computerbild.de.
1. If you don’t have a ComputerBild.de account yet, register a new account at this web page.
2. Check the Inbox for an email from “email@example.com”, and click on the confirmation link in the email to complete the registration.
3. Visit the Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11 page at this link, and login with your ComputerBild.de account:
Tick the check box for “Persönlichen Lizenzschlüssel anfordern oder verlängern” and click on “Lizenzschlüssel anfordern” link.
3. Check the inbox again for an email from “COMPUTER BILD-Aktion firstname.lastname@example.org ” with subject of “Ihr Lizenzschlüssel für Kaspersky Security Suite CBE”. Inside the email contains the license key for KSS CBE. Note: The Activation Code is valid for 91 days. After expired the 91 days you will apply another key same way with your first log in detail.
For German speakers, You can now download Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 and active it with received Activation Code. For others who intend to use the Kaspersky Security Suite 2011 in English or any other language, please follow below steps to Use Free Activation Code from Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 for Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.
Note: The free activation code only works with “Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12″ from the ComputerBild magazine CD/DVD. If you’re misplace the CD/DVD, download the Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11 setup installer: Kaspersky_CBE12.exe.
Part 2: How to Use Free Activation Code from Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 for Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
1. Download latest version of setup installer for Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 in the language you want. For English version , you can use this link.
2. Download the cbi.dll file extracted from Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12. You can also install the KSS CBE 12 and retrieve the cbi.dll file yourself from “Program FilesKaspersky LabKaspersky Security Suite” folder, and then uninstall it.
3. Start the installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.
4. Select and the tick the check box for Change installation settings and click Next button.
Click I Agree button.
5. Click Next button, you can untick the check box if you don’t want to join the Kaspersky Security Network.
6. Click Next button.
7. Important: Unselect and untick the check box for Protect the installation process (mandatory for it to work), and then click Install button.
8. Important: Please Attention this step carefully! Let the installation of KIS 2012 initializing and running for a while until the installation wizard shows Copying new files (in the second round of progress as the progress bar should already completed for one round). When the progress bar runs until about the middle stage, click on Cancel button to temporarily stop the installation process.
9. On Windows Explorer, browse to Program FilesKaspersky LabKasperky Internet Security 2012 [32 bit] folder.
Or browse to Program Files (x86)Kaspersky LabKasperky Internet Security 2012 [64 bit]
10. Delete the cbi.dll file (If you do not find the file, skip this). Copy the cbi.dll from Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 into the folder to replace the deleted one.
11. When the progress is done, click on No button to continue the installation process.
12. After installation is completed, a Kaspersky Internet Security Configuration Wizard will open. Select radio button of Activate commercial version, and enter the activation serial code received for Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12, and click Next.
13. Activation should complete successfully, with license type as commercial which valid for 3 computers (yes, you can install on 2 more computers). Note that the 3 months subscription period is not counted from when the activation been done. Instead, the activation code from the free KSS CBE 12 offer has a fixed expiration date which is the same for everyone. You have to go back the Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 link above in order to request for a new activation code after expiry date to renew and reactivate the software. Click Next to continue.
14. Now you can update database.
That’s all, you have successfully use Free Activation Code from Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 12 for Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. Tested in VMware + Windows XP working flawlessly.