By now, most computer users have anti-malware software installed on their computers and use it as part of their regular computing routine. However, No anti-malware product (free or paid), no matter what they claim, will provide 100% protection, 100% of the time. Viruses and malicious code are constantly changing, and anti-malware products always have to try to keep up. If you suspect that your computer might be infected and you wish to scan your computer for viruses and disinfect detected threats, you can use free anti-virus software Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011, also known as AVPTool 2011, is a freeware portable virus and malware removal Tool from kaspersky lab, designed for searching, disinfecting, and removing all types of infections from your computer.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 uses the same highly efficient algorithms for detecting malware as Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Algorithms include a full-functional anti-virus scanner, technologies developed for detecting vulnerabilities in installed applications and operating systems, a technology for Self-Defense, and a technology for running scripts intended for removing complex and compound viruses. The utility does not require installation and can be run directly from anywhere, on your computer, USB Flash Drive or from other portable device, even if other Kaspersky Lab anti-virus products or third-party anti-virus software is installed.
By default Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 scans for viruses System memory, Disk boot sectors and Hidden startup objects. You can also define the scan area by checking the necessary scan areas in the setting window.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 offers to you three security levels: Low security level with minimum protection and best performance, Recommended security level with optimal protection which is appropriate for most users, and High level with maximum protection but is only recommended for hostile environment.
Once the scan task is started, the program will detect and automatically delete all known viruses, rootkits, Trojan programs and worms. The application will perform the following actions on threat detection:
If an object cannot be disinfected automatically, you can even delete it or disinfect it manually (For advanced users) with the help of “Anti-virus service 911“.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 Key features:
- Automatic and manual removal of virus, Trojans and worms.
- Installation on an infected computer, even if other Kaspersky Lab anti-virus products or third-party anti-virus software is installed.
- Support Safe Mode of Microsoft Windows
- Closing the main window is enough to uninstall the application form a computer.
- Automatic scan and disinfection: search of malware using signature databases; heuristic analyzer; search and neutralization of rootkits; search of applications with known vulnerabilities; non-signature search of malware based on “cloud” technologies of Kaspersky Security Network (when Internet access is available).
- Manual scan and disinfection: collection of information about an infected computer and system; interactive creation of disinfection scripts.
- System memory scan is unavailable in x64 versions of Windows XP / Vista / 7 due to specific features of application system drivers.
- Impossible to rename application folder if User Account Control is enabled in Windows Vista settings and application Self-Defence disabled.
You can download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 from the Kaspersky Lab web site. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 does not have a function allowing to update its antivirus database. The only way to get the up-to-date version of the application with the latest version of anti-virus databases is to download it again and install it. It is also necessary to uninstall older version of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 before installing a newer one. To uninstall, simply close the main window.
Please note this utility is not a replacement for active virus protection on your system, since it doesn’t provide any real-time protection from threats. Its aim is just to provide additional means to run a virus scan on a Windows system that have existing infections, nothing more, nothing less. After successful disinfection of a computer, it is recommended to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010 and install a fully-functional antivirus application. You may try you may try Avira AntiVir Personal Free Antivirus, or Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free for Genuine Windows OS users.