We have already shared two free software from Paragon(Paragon Net Burner 2.0 and Paragon Alignment Tool),the technology leader in innovative data security and data management solutions.And now,there is another great freebie from Paragon:Paragon Go Virtual,a Free Virtualization Software to Non-commercial use only.
About Paragon Go Virtual:
Enjoy the benefits of virtualization without being too technical and for free:Make virtual clone of your PC and copy it to USB drive and run it on any machine which has virtualization software installed.
- At times,you may think it’s time to upgrade to a new operating system, but the thought of all the unknown issues may hold you back. What if your favorite applications haven’t been updated to work with the new OS? There may be unintentional software glitches or bugs that will damage your host computer?
- Want to migrate your old PC to new one but afraid all the applications will work on new operating system and on new PC,want to test evaluate software without having negative impact on your system?
- Want to run Windows applications on Mac?( How to?:using Paragon Go virtual create virtual machine with all data and then copy it to Mac ,run inside VMware Fusion.)
Then,Paragon Go virtual ,the free virtualization software is all you need.
Long story short, Paragon Go Virtual lets you make a virtual clone of your PC in three simple steps. That is, you can use your PC’s applications, files and user settings in a virtual environment in just three steps,Free and easy-to-use.
Paragon Go Virtual Key Features
- Full Windows OS Support – Guaranteed support for any Windows operating system since Win2K (excluding server editions).
- P2V Migration – Migrate a physical system to a virtual machine or convert a backup image to a virtual disk.
- Migration without rebooting Windows – Hot processing of locked (in-use) hard disks lets you migrate a computer without rebooting and interrupting Windows.
- P2V Adjust OS to recover the startup ability after unsuccessful virtualization with a 3rd party tool and to make Windows Vista/7 backups bootable on virtual hardware.
- Smart Driver Injector – Makes the process of adding new drivers smooth and easy.
Advantages of Paragon Go Virtual
- Performance – Paragon Go Virtual performs approximately 20% faster (your results may vary).
- P2V adjust OS – Freeware tools will not adjust the OS to virtual hardware, leaving the user unable to boot their virtual machine. Go Virtual adjusts the OS so the virtual machine will boot successfully.
- Selection of virtual hardware – Go Virtual offers the user a selection of virtual hardware types. Freeware tools typically do not.
- Migration of offline systems – Freeware tools support the migration of operating systems currently running, but they have problems migrating offline operating systems, especially when there are more than one OS on the disk. Go Virtual performs these operations with ease.
User reviews from download.com :”Useful, comfortable and simple!” by katrin4a on July 13, 2010
- Pros: Really unique! Thank you, Paragon, very much! This is really what I was looking for. It solves the problem of several work places. What is more important it is very simple to use. It is great I can take my PC anywhere I want now!
- Cons: I was using it only for migration and haven?t found any disadvantages! Everything went on quite excellent without any problems!
To use this free software,just visit here,and click “Free Download”.
Paragon Go Virtual supports following virtual machines
- Microsoft Virtual PC
- VMware Workstation
- VMware fusion
- Oracle VirtualBox
1,Step by step to use Paragon Go Virtual(click here)
2, Difference between Paragon Go Virtual and Paragon Virtualization Manager Professional,please check here.The Paragon Virtualization Manager Professional Upgrade Price: $69.95 (99.95).