Seagate® Rescue | Restore™ software is a powerful, fast and simple solution for hard drive recovery and restoration solution. It lets you build an ISO image of your original system, save it to a hidden partition, and make it accessible in the event of system corruption to restore to your hard drive to the state it was in when the image was created. Perfect for today’s system builders, resellers and IT managers that like to get in trouble loading/unloading/tweaking software, and want an easy out to get back to ground zero in as little as 10 minutes.
Key Features and Benefits：
- Fast, Flexible, Easy
No software installation required
Fully automated, single-key operation
Customizable for unique operating system configuration needs
Support for hard drives from all manufacturers
Complete hard drive partition duplication
Field-initiated partition restoration (No CD, or USB key required)
Hard drive formatting and testing utilities included
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Advanced Format (4K sector) ready
Licensing as low as US$3.00 per system
Enables additional services revenues
For a limited time of 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) July 11, 2011 to 11:59 p.m. PT August 11, 2011 (“Offer Period”), North American system builders/integrators and IT professionals are eligible to get a Free “Single five-user” license for this Seagate® Rescue | Restore™ software. although Offer is limited to the US and Canada, they didn’t check for regional registrations. Every one can succeed to register & get the license key.
To be eligible:
1. go to the Giveaway page, and click the “try it now” button to place your order.
2. Enter the coupon code “RESCUE” to get a Free “Single five-user” license. You don’t need to enter your credit card.
3. Check your email to locate your license key as you will need this for software configuration. Also in the email will be a link to download the Rescue | Restore software, or you can do that now at this link: DOWNLOAD NOW.
Quick Start Guide 5 Step Process: Link [PDF]
Rescue | Restore FAQs: Link
System requirements for the software:
- An Active internet connection via Ethernet (for license verification during imaging)
- A USB flash drive – 512MB or larger (which will need to be formatted FAT32) to be used as the boot device to create and restore the image (the image is stored on the primary hard drive).
- Supported Operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Single or Multiple partitions (Max. of 3 partitions)
- File systems supported: NTFS
- SATA or PATA hard drives with capacities ranging from 40G ‐2TB
- Minimum 5GB to 10 GB available for the Rescue image (assuming a typical newly installed OS with some starter apps and drivers which is approximately 6GB to 12GB)
- Tested systems are listed in the System Compatibility List (included in the download ZIP file)
- For Configurator Application issues related to Window 7 / 64bit, Please use Configurator 2.8 release.