With the growing use of Google Android mobile operating system, it’s essential that there be safeguards in the form of antivirus software. ESET Mobile Security for Android is a mobile-optimized security suite for Android that combines proactive scanning engine with antispam and antitheft solutions to provide real-time smartphone protection against known and emerging threats—without impacting performance.
ESET Mobile Security for Android Key Features and Benefits:
- Fresh, New User Interface – Tailor-made graphics and layout for enhanced Android experience.
- Proactive protection: ESET’s proactive heuristics technology instantly scans all applications, files, folders, and SD memory cards for trojans, viruses, worms, spyware, adware, and other threats, including hidden files and processes.
- Anti-theft security system: Multiple layers of security that allow you to maintain control over phone-stored data in the event of device loss or theft. Simple SMS commands help you remotely locate, lock or wipe your Android device in the event it is stolen or simply misplaced. GSM users can prevent unauthorized use of their mobile devices by registering trusted SIM cards. A SMS alert is sent to your alternate phone silently when any other SIM card is inserted into your GSM Android mobile device.
- Security audit with built-in task manager: Monitor all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility. And then take action on the spot to terminate any processes and remedy settings that raise your risk profile.
- Password Protection: Secure your device with one user-defined master password. All module settings as well as un-installation (Android 2.2 or 2.3) can also be protected by the same password.
- SMS/MMS/Voice antispam: Define trustworthy contacts with customizable black/white lists or simply block messages and phone calls from unknown numbers.
- Call Intercept – Block unwanted calls in both directions – incoming and outgoing. This is a powerful tool especially suitable for parents to control their children’s phone bills.
ESET Mobile Security for Android is now available to the public for beta testing and feedback. If you interested to test out, first remove your antivirus (in case you use one), then you can download free ESET Mobile Security beta for Android from one of the below options:
Option 1: Download directly from Android Market.
For the following options, please enable installation from “Unknown Sources.” Go to Settings > Applications and click on the checkbox to allow installation of non-Market applications.
Option 2: Download the ems_beta.apk file by scanning the QR code below using your mobile device with QR Droid or Barcode Scanner.
Option 3: Download the installation file and transfer to your android smartphone or tablet via USB.
The ESET Mobile Security for Android works well in Android 2.0 or later. Beta optimized for smartphones. Tablets may experience some graphical inconsistencies. You also can download the user guide for more details of ESET mobile security for Android. And please keep in mind that the program is still an early beta version, hence there are still bugs to iron out – particularly in the anti-spam component.
While Mobile Security is free (no need registration key) during beta testing, you’ll end up having to pay for it when the final version comes out.