Microsoft has finally launched its official Xbox SmartGlass app for Android and made it available for free download from Google Play. Xbox SmartGlass for Android lets your phone work with your Xbox 360 console to bring rich, interactive experiences and unique content about what you’re watching or playing, right to the device that’s already in your hand. Interact with your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, and games, and bring remote control to a whole new level. You can also connect with your Xbox friends, track and compare your achievements, and change up your 3D avatar.
Xbox SmartGlass Android App lets you:
- Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
- Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
- Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
- Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
- Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
- Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
- Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
- Change up your 3D avatar
- Message your Xbox friends
- Edit your Xbox profile
Download Free Microsoft XBox Smartglass App for Android
If you’re interested in checking out Xbox Smartglass for Android, you can download the app now from the Google Play Store. This app requires an Xbox membership to sign in. Available for most Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) smartphones [or later] , with WVGA screen resolution or higher. Note that SmartGlass is not currently compatible with Android tablets.
Xbox SmartGlass for Windows 8 or Windows RT has also been launched today alongside the release of Windows 8 and Microsoft’s new Surface tablet line. You can download it from Windows Store here. Microsoft plans to release the app “soon” for Windows Phone 7.5, as well as iPhone and iPad, but yet have an official release date.