Download Norton Identity Safe by October 1, 2012 and you can enjoy it FREE of charge forever. Today, consumers are faced with trying to remember numerous logins and passwords in order to access their favorite websites, without putting their personal information at risk. According to Norton research, 38 percent of people surveyed still write down their passwords. Forty-five percent re-use the same passwords across multiple sites, leaving them open to risk as hackers may crack the password on one site and gain access to all of their accounts. To help consumers solve these problems, Norton by Symantec has released Norton Identity Safe, a cloud-enabled service delivers identity protection and simple, secure password management on Windows PCs, iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad, and Android devices.
Norton Identity Safe is previously a component available only in the full versions of Symantec’s Norton Internet Security or Norton 360. Now to help consumers address the complex challenge of keeping their identities secure and protecting their passwords across multiple sites and devices, Norton Identity Safe has now been launched as a free, standalone solution for for all users. This free service allows you to Quickly and securely log in to your favorite sites from computers and mobile devices – anywhere you go. Moreover, it also services as an intelligent form filler to fill log-in forms automatically.
Norton Identity Safe Key Features
- Simplified password management – Eliminates the hassle of remembering multiple logins and passwords, as users only need to remember one master password for quick, secure access to their favorite sites.
- Streamlined user experience – Shows users their logins with thumbnail images, allowing them to log in to a desired site by clicking on the image, or for mobile and tablet users, by simply touching the screen.
- Share Via – Allows users to safely share online content by sending URLs through email and social networking plugins, directly from Norton Identity Safe.
- Automatic login synchronization across devices – Enables users to store a password on one device and easily log in from another device, wherever they go.
- Safe Search – Ensures users can search with confidence and view site ratings right in the search results, enabling users to see whether a website is safe before visiting it.
- Store Notes. Securely save notes and quickly find them when you need them.
- Fill Out Cards/Forms. Stop filling in the same forms over and over. Identity Safe can auto-fill your addresses, credit cards, frequent flyer numbers and much more.
Unlike other password managers, that just used to keep and recall passwords, Norton Identity Safe also includes Norton Safe Web protection, which lets you know if a site is safe or not before you visit it. And, it warns you of and blocks malicious sites. Norton Safe Web, which is designed to perform thorough site analysis to identify security risks, benefits from a network of millions of Norton Community Watch end-points that automatically submit suspicious URLs in real-time for analysis.
Norton Identity Safe can be downloaded free from Symantec’s dedicated website (Download by October 1, 2012 and you can enjoy it FREE of charge forever. No strings attached.). To use Norton Identity Safe, users will need to have (or free to create) a Norton Account. And after logging in to the app with a Norton Account, users have to create a separate master password for you online vault. You will use this master password in addition to your norton account login to acces your vault. It is critical that you don’t forget this password, because Norton won’t store it and won’t be able to retrieve it for you.
Norton Identity Safe support Windows PC, Android, and iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad. As for the browsers, Norton Identity Safe can be used with Internet Explorer, Opera, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. This means that you can keep information synchronized across all major browsers and mobile devices.
1. If you have Norton Internet Security or Norton 360, you already have Norton Identity Safe installed.
2. This software
is currently in beta (ordinary users please away from it) and hope Symantec will release the final stable version very soon.
3. Please ensure that you have setup Norton Identity Safe on a PC before using on mobile devices. Since you can add account info to your Identity Safe only through the desktop client, as of now.
Updated: Norton Identity Safe is now out of beta, and it is available for free download till October 1, 2012.