Did you know that an elephant’s tooth can weigh as much as a bowling ball? That girls have more taste buds than boys do? Or that slugs have 3,000 teeth and 4 noses? And who knew that gorillas burp when they’re happy? Get more than 300 Weird But True kid-friendly facts with the interactive app from National Geographic Kids!
Based on the widely popular department in National Geographic Kids magazine and best-selling book franchise, Weird But True is now available for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad! Filled with wacky facts and tantalizing trivia that will engage curious kids and parents alike, Weird But True presents each of the 300 facts in a fun, colorful, and interactive format that will keep kids entertained—and learning—for hours! And parents can rest easy knowing that each fact is age-appropriate and handpicked by a brand they know and trust: National Geographic Kids.
Weird But True iOS App Key Features:
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!
Download Weird But True App for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
Weird But True iOS app is regularly priced at $1.99. But iTunes / National Geographic is offering Weird but True app for free for a week as part of Apple’s Free App Of The Week promo offer.
Click here to download Weird But True while it’s free for a week. Weird But True is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.