Razer Surround is an advanced 7.1 virtual surround sound engine that allows anyone especially gamers to get the best virtual 7.1 channel surround sound experience with any stereo headphones. According to the gaming peripherals company Razer, Razer Surround goes above and beyond existing multi-channel simulation packages by providing a calibration system that tunes the effect for individual listeners. The result, the company claims, is the ability to accurately pinpoint the location of any given sound as though using a true surround-sound system – but without having to upgrade from traditional stereo hardware. This level of calibration allows Razer Surround to provide an incredible level of precision in-game, allowing gamers to have the unfair advantage.
Razer Surround Key Features:
- Calibrate to your individual preferences
- Pre-configured calibrations for all Razer Audio products
- Bass boost – For a thundering bass
- Sound normalization – Reduce loudness variation
- Voice clarity – For crystal clear incoming voice communication
- Voice level – Adjust the level of incoming voice communication
- Custom & 11 pre-set equalizer settings
- Works with any stereo headset/headphones
System Requirements for Razer Surround
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 / 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Supported Languages: English, French, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese, German
- 100 Mbyte of free hard disc space
- Razer Synapse 2.0 registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode.
Free Download Razer Surround: 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound Software
Razer Surround is due to go on sale in 2014 for $19.99 – but the company is offering those picking it up early an impressive 100 per cent discount. In partnership with gaming charity Child’s Play, Razer is offering anyone who downloads the software before the
1st of January 2014 June 30 completely free access, while requesting that if they find it useful they should donate cash to the charity by way of compensation.
Free Download this 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound Software Now: Download Page | Home Page. The donate is absolutely voluntary and you can choose to download it for free. If you choose not to donate anything, they’d love for you to help spread the word about Razer Surround and Child’s Play so that they reach everyone in the gaming community.
Note: DoRazer Surround is designed as an add-on for the Razer Synapse 2.0 software (free), so you’ll have to register for a Razer account and download the requisite software. When you finish installing Razer Surround on your PC, the software creates a virtual sound card (called the Razer Surround Audio Controller) that accepts surround-sound data from whatever is running on your PC—games, movies, or music—and emulates it virtually on a pair of stereo headphones.
Update: This is an old promo (shared on Jul 8, 2013), but after raising 25k USD for charity in 6 months, Razer has extended the period to 30th June 2014 to continue to help children in need.