Everyone has their own privacy. So, hiding certain files and folders is a need that many of us require time to time. IObit Protected Folder is a folder / file locker that is designed to password-protect your folders and files from being seen, read or modified in Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP and Server 2008, 2003. It works like a safety box, just drag and drop the folders or files you want to hide or protect into Protected Folder, then no one can see, read or modify them. Whether you are concerned with privacy, data theft, data loss, or data leaks, Protected Folder is an ideal tool for you.
Note: It is critical that you don’t forget your password, because IObit won’t store it and won’t be able to retrieve it for you.
IObit Protected Folder Key Benefits
- Hide from View – Hide folders, files, pictures & videos from those who want to investigate and search for certain files on your computer. No one can see them except you.
- Block Access – Easily block access to files, folders, and programs you choose. You can password protect folder and its files then others can see it but cannot access, read or view its content.
- Write Protection – Protect your files from being modified by others. No one can change the content of your files without your permission. Keep your files safe and intact.
- Privacy Protection – Keep your private data, files, pictures or videos into Protected Folder, the only way to access these files is with your password.
- No more Data theft, Data loss, or Data leaks – Protect your important files or data from being accidentally deleted, replaced, or stolen by others.
- Extremely Easy to Use – Just drag and drop the file to Protected Folder with folder password to protect it. Its intuitive interface makes it the ideal utility for complete computer novice.
IObit Protected Folder Free Serial Key/ License Code
IObit Protected Folder is normally priced at $19.95 per serial key/ license code. But Giveaway of the Day are having a giveaway of IObit Protected Folder 1.2, where everyone can download a 6 months full version copy for free. The giveaway will be valid for today only (24 hours on July 28, 2015). Don’t miss it.
Go to the giveaway page here during giveaway period to download the giveaway package. Unzip the package you’ve downloaded, and carefully read the instructions which you can find in the readme.txt file. Follow the instructions carefully to install and activate the software. You have to install and activate it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over.
Terms and Conditions
- License info: This is a 1-computer 6-month license, for home use
- Update policy: No free upgrades;
- Tech support policy: No free tech support;
- Re-install policy: Must be downloaded, installed, and registered before this offer has ended — you cannot register later.
- Giveaway version is v1.2;
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Freeware Alternative to IObit Protected Folder
1, TrueCrypt (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
Updated: The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated support of Windows XP. The download of TrueCrypt is not available any more.
TrueCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux. It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file or encrypt an entire hard disk partition or a device, such as USB flash drive. In contrast to file encryption, data encryption performed by TrueCrypt is real-time (on-the-fly), meaning that data are automatically encrypted or decrypted right before they are loaded or saved, without any user intervention. In case an attacker forces you to reveal the password, TrueCrypt provides plausible deniability. [Download & learn more]
2, USB Safeguard (portable)
USB Safeguard is a portable software program to encrypt and protect data with a password on your removable pen drives using the AES 256 bits encryption. The main purpose of using a USB pen drive is that you can bring your data with you wherever you go. But if you lose your USB pen drive your data also lose. This is dangerous if you have confidential files stored in it. Protect the pen drive with a password. USB Safeguard offers users (novice and expert) a security solution that fully protects valuable data stored on USB pen drives. Also, the program has a useful feature that allows you to enter your email or phone if you lose the pen drive. Free version works only with USB Flash drive of size max 2 GB, and but if you want to work with larger drives, you will have to invest in the regular version; this enables you to secure drives of up to 16TB in size. More info here.