Following the release of Microsoft’s Office for iPad on Thursday, Microsoft has made Office Mobile apps for both iPhone and Android phones completely free to download and use for home users. Previously, Office Mobile for iPhone and Android smartphones required a Office 365 subscription for the creation, editing, and saving of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files, but that has now been eliminated for home use; Office 365 subscription is still required if the apps are used for business purposes. Office Mobile for Windows Phone is already free to download and use.
Microsoft Office Mobile is one of the best documents management software available for mobile devices. It is specially optimized for your iPhone & Android Phones. You can access, view and edit your Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint documents from virtually anywhere. Documents look like the originals, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt graphics and shapes. When you make quick edits or add comments to a document, the formatting and content remain intact.
Microsoft Office Mobile Key Features
- Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office documents stored on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
- Resume Reading – When opening a Word document from OneDrive or OneDrive for Business on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
- Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
- Edit – You can make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Documents Remain Intact – Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
- Edit While Offline – Your device doesn’t have to be continuously connected to the network to work on an Office document stored online. You can view and edit recently used documents even while you’re offline. Your changes will be saved online when your device reconnects to the network or to Wi-Fi.
- Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
- Comments – You can review comments made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
- Share – When you’re done with your edits or comments, simply send the document in email or save it to OneDrive or SharePoint.
Download Microsoft Office Mobile Free For iPhone and Android Phones
Download Microsoft Office Mobile Free For iPhone: iTunes Store. Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Download Microsoft Office Mobile Free For Android Phones: Google Play Store. Requires Android 4.0 and up. There’s still no support for Android tablets.
Sign in with a free Microsoft account to create, edit and save documents for home use. A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to create, edit and save documents for business use. Qualifying plans include: Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4 (Enterprise and Government), Office 365 Education A3 and A4, and Office 365 ProPlus.
Download Microsoft Office for iPad
Microsoft Office for iPad (specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is also free to download and view documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. But if you want to edit and create documents, however, a qualifying subscription to Office 365 is required. There’s still no support for Android tablets but this restriction should also apply to office for Android tablet once it’s released. You can sign up for a free 30 day Office 365 trial at www.office.com/try.
You can download Word, Excel and PowerPoint for iPad from the App Store. The apps have the robust capabilities and familiar look and feel that is unmistakably Office, while offering a fantastic touch experience built from the ground up for iPad. Your documents will look as good as they do on your PC and Mac, and better than ever on your iPad.