There have been a lot of discussion about the launch of Apple’s next generation iPhone, which is claimed to be a 5th generation iPhone. well the public statement of Apple about the launch of iOS 5 makes sense that they will release the much-awaited iPhone 5 with iOS 5 this fall. And some tech websites including CNET UK, have gone ahead to make the prediction that the device will arrive on September 7, but we can never know for sure.
What we do know though, is that the iPhone 5 will come pre-loaded with the iOS 5, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system which was announced at apple’s WWDC conference earlier this month. Apple’s iOS 5 brings revamped notifications and more than 200 new features for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, including:
- Notification Center – There has been a massive revamp in the Notification Center. New notifications appear briefly at the top of your screen, without interrupting applications that are running. When you pull down on this new menu, you’ll be able to see the new notifications and select the one you want to follow-up on. The notifications extend to the lock screen too, so you can see more stuff right away without unlocking your phone. The new Notification Center looks very straightforward and useful.
- IMessages – Another new useful feature, which will hurt the telecommunications companies wanting to sell you stupid SMS and MMS contracts: This new all-inclusive messaging service works between all iOS 5 devices, allowing you to send texts, photos, videos, location and contact information over 3G or WiFi – all without incurring any SMS fees.
- Newsstand – A new app that will allow users to easily manage and access their magazine and newspaper subscriptions. New issues will be automatically downloaded in the background. There’s also a new place on the App Store just for newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
- Reminders – This gives you a better way to manage your to-do lists. You can migrate them across many apps and also make them go across iCloud – another new feature about to come this fall – so changes you make update automatically on all your devices and calendars. The really cool thing about Reminders is that it’s location aware. Imagine you add that you need to buy milk, but then you forget about it. When you pass by the grocery store, the app will tell you that you need to buy milk.
- Photos – You don’t have to go for photo editing apps for anymore for those touch-ups, crops, rotates, and the works. It all comes built-in with your Photos app which means you can spice up your photos right after you capture them! You’ll also be able to organize photos into albums, and again, sync with your other iOS devices via iCloud.
- Camera – You can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen. Use grid lines, pinch-to-zoom gestures, and single-tap focus and exposure locks to compose a picture on the fly. Then press the volume-up button to snap your photo in the nick of time. If you have Photo Stream enabled in iCloud, your photos can be automatically synced to all your other devices.
According to BGR, the next-generation iPhone will not merely be an upgraded iPhone 4 as had been previously rumored. You can instead expect a radical new case design , though they have not been given any additional details surrounding the design of the new iPhone case.
iPhone 5 Features at a Glance (Via):
- Storage Capacity: Apple is offering 16 GB and 32GB iPhone since 2009, so apple is aware this it would be hard push iPhone 5 without having 64 GB of storage. iPhone 5’s lowest model will come with 32G of space and 64G of memory.
- Signal Strength: Unlike iPhone 4, iPhone 5 is not having signal issue, as they are offering the strongest signal strength of any iPhone model ever even the best of any Smartphone to ever come to market.
- Face Recognition: The new iPhone 5 will have Face Recognition for Security sake so that you don’t have to worry about other people stealing your phone and trying to use it.
- Thickness: All three iPhone had thinner bodies than the previous model so the iPhone 5 can be the thinnest yet & much nicer overall body design of the phone.
- Longer Battery Life: iPhone 5 will have Up to 14 Hours of Talk Time On The 3G and 7 Hours on the 4G.
- Video Chat: Video Chat on a 4G network instead of a slow 3G one
- A5 Dual core processor: For Outstanding Video Quality Apple May Introduce A5 Dual Core Process with iPhone 5
- Screen: Shatter Resistant and Scratch Resistant Screen
- Built In GPS: You’ll never get lost or have to download one of those stupid GPS apps.
- iOS 5: It is much anticipated that Apple will introduce iPhone 5 with latest iOS 5.
- Surprise: As the tradition of apple iPhone 5 will also unveil some surprise features.
Of course, these are all still rumors, so take everything with a grain of salt and stay tuned with us for more iPhone 5 & iOS 5 news.
Pic by fansp.net