In Windows 7,there are many system run services that are often not required for our work .In this article ,we will guid you to set some inessential serivces to manual start to speed your windows 7system up.
Right-click on Computer icon on desktop and choose Manage, it’ll open a new window. Now go to Services & Applications -> Services. You can also open “Services” list by providing services.msc command in RUN or Startmenu search box.
Here is a list of services that can be safely set to MANUAL:
- Application Experience
- Computer Browser (If your computer is not connected to any network)
- Desktop Window Manager Session Manager (If you don’t use Aero theme)
- Diagnostic Policy Service
- Distributed Link Tracking Client
- IP Helper
- Offline Files
- Portable Device Enumerator Service
- Print Spooler (If you don’t have Printer)
- Protected Storage
- Remote Registry (Always disable it for Security purposes)
- Secondary Logon
- Security Center
- Server (If your computer is not connected to any network)
- Tablet PC Input Service
- TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
- Themes ( If you use Windows Classic theme)
- Windows Error Reporting Service
- Windows Media Center Service Launcher
- Windows Search (If you don’t use Windows Search feature frequently)
- Windows Time (If you don’t want to update system tray clock time using Internet)
You can see the details of each service to determine whether you should disable it or not.
Attention: It is more safe to set the services to manual rather than disabling them. So that whenever Windows needs to start a service it can easily start and use it. If you set any service to DISABLED, Windows will not be able to start it and will give some error messages.