Indie Gala Store have yet another Steam key giveaway. This time it’s the digital adaptation of John Buchan’s incredible book “The 39 Steps” ( (aka The Thirty-NIne Steps), which is playable on Windows, Mac, and Linux! The game gets a User Score of 7.1/10 on Metacritic and a Mostly Positive user review in the Steam store (76% of the 483 user reviews are positive)!
Not sure for how long the giveaway is going to last, which means it’s probably best to grab the game while the offer is still live. To get the free game, please visit the Indie Gala page here, and you will find the giveaway box like below.
Enter your email address and press the Redeem button. You will receive an email from IndieGala with instructions and your profile link or activation link (may require 60 minutes to 2 hours depending on traffic load), and following that link will get you to your Indie Gala profile page. Then go to My Profile>Bundles Library>IndieGala Giveaways>The 39 Steps and press on the Steam button to get your free steam key.
Offer available while stock lasts, so be sure to grab your free game ASAP. To redeem you steam key once you get it, simply launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account. Once you’ve registered / signed in, click the Games Menu and then choose Activate a Product on Steam…Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process. The 39 Steps is then yours to download, play and keep forever!
About This Game
Prepare to experience the original man-on-the-run thriller in a completely new way. This is a digital adaptation of John Buchan’s incredible book (inspiration to Ian Fleming’s James Bond!). Be transported back to 1914 London, where Richard Hannay finds himself framed for a murder he didn’t commit. Now he must escape the Capital and stay alive long enough to solve the riddle of The Thirty-Nine Steps. There are secrets to be discovered, locations to be explored and – above all – an incredible tale to be told in this ground-breaking interactive novel.
- A new form of entertainment, merging the worlds of literature, gaming and film into one visually stunning storyline.
- Faithfully constructed using the original – and best-selling – John Buchan text, first published in 1915.
- Hundreds of hand-painted digital environments, and authentic materials from 1910s Britain.
- 8 different storytelling mechanics, 25 collectible items and 16 awards to be unlocked.
- An original soundtrack by Si Begg and theatrical voice performances, including Ian Hanmore, Greg Hemphill and Benny Young
- Created in Unity4, with a playtime of 5-8 hours.
Thanks very much to Zsolt, Nickolas, and Goodwin for sending in the news.