Trello is a popular free web-based collaboration tool for managing projects and to-do lists amongst teams. Like a whiteboard with super powers, Trello is simple to use and infinitely flexible. In one glance, you’ll know exactly what needs to get done, who’s going to do it, and what’s coming up next. And, everything you do is synced and saved instantly to Trello. Use the web site to stay organized while you’re at your desk, and the app to stay up to date while you’re out and about.
- Put your cards in lists to track progress, categorize things, or just make sense out of the chaos of life. Lists are fully customizable, and also terrifically wind-resistant.
- Invite as many people as you want to a board. Board members can all add cards, make changes, upload attachments, and more.
- Assign cards to board members, and everyone will be able to see what everyone else is working on. The assigned folks also get handy notifications sent to them.
- Add a checklist to keep on top of all those little to-dos.
- Got a relevant file, image, or document? Attach it right to the card, and you’ll never have to go scrambling through your inbox looking for it later.
- Email notifications and an activity log keep you informed of the latest changes. You can also subscribe to specific cards to get timely information on what you care about the most.
- With the Trello app in your pocket, you can make to-do lists while waiting in line at the grocery store, assign tasks to your co-worker while you’re on the train home, or upload a photo of that paisley couch you saw the store — it would look lovely in the living room, wouldn’t it?
Besides the free basic service, Trello offers two paid options: Trello Gold, and Trello Business Class. They’re both ways to build on to the free Trello experience—Trello Gold expands Trello’s core functions for individual users, while Trello Business Class is intended for multi-user organizations who want additional administrative control for their organizations.
Trello Gold gives you personal upgrades to your Trello account. Some of the additional features are intended to be fun add-ons, while others are productivity boosters. They include:
- Bigger file uploads – 250 MB max file size vs. 10 MB max on our free plan
- Custom board backgrounds – Upload your own or pick from our nine premium predesigned backgrounds.
- Extra stickers – Add flair to your cards with extra sticker packs
- Custom emoji – Upload your own emoji for use in cards
Trello GOLD Free 6 Months Subscription
Trello Gold costs $5 per month, or $45 per year. But as part of the promo offer by Appsumo, you can receive 6 months of Trello Gold free. This giveaway works for both new AND existing Trello users.
Visit the promo page here to get your 6 Months Free Trello Gold. This deal is free so no payment details required. BTW, this deal is only live for the next 6 days – so get it now!
Alternative Offer: Share Trello and Earn Trello Gold
For every person you get to join Trello, Trello will give you a free month of Trello Gold, up to 12 months. A successful recommendation is someone who signs up via your personal invitation link or who you invite to work with you on a Trello board. An invited or recommended person must successfully confirm their email address in order for you to get a free credit for Trello Gold. More info here.