Suppose you wanted to digitize a magazine article or a printed contract. You could spend hours retyping and then correcting misprints. Or you could convert all the required materials into digital format in several minutes using a scanner (or a digital camera) and Optical Character Recognition software.
Abbyy Fine Reader is the most widely acclaimed optical character recognition (OCR) software that enables you to convert different types of documents, such as scanned paper documents, PDF files or images captured by a digital camera into editable formats including Microsoft Office and searchable PDF – enabling you to reuse their content, archive them more efficiently and retrieve more quickly. Unmatched text recognition accuracy and document conversion capabilities virtually eliminate retyping and reformatting. Intuitive use and one-click automated conversion tasks let you do more with this OCR software in fewer steps. Up to 190 languages supported for text recognition and document conversion – absolute record on OCR/PDF software market! Abbyy Fine Reader is irreplaceable helper in daily office work.
ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Pro Free Download Full Version Serial Number
ABBYY FineReader Professional is normally priced at $169.99 per serial number / license key. But as part of a special promo, you can download ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Pro with full version serial number for free. It does not say how long this offer will last so you’d better grab it while you can.
Note that ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Pro is not the latest version but more than 10 years old. The latest version on its branch is ABBYY FineReader 12 Professional.
To grab your free copy of ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Pro
1. Visit ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Pro giveaway page [Page in French, Use Google Translate if needed], and finish the online form. (If you have any trouble getting a key or filling out the form, you can use FPE5-0167502-95883 as your license key.)
2. You will get a ABBYY FineReader 5.o Pro serial Number in the next page as well as in your email.
3. Download ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Pro: Abbyy Finereader5.exe [Multilingual Installer, size 132 MB]. ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Pro supports Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or greater, Windows 95 or Windows 98. Also tested to work on my Windows XP & Windows 7 PCs.
4. Install and active full version with received serial number.
Here is the proof:
You can also download ABBYY Fine Reader 5.0 Service Pack 4: FR5SP4.exe [34.6 MB]. All Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3 updates are included in Service Pack 4. Only compatible with 32 bit version of Windows.
Service Pack 4 allows you to correct the following errors and include the following updates:
- Errors in ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Pro/Office user’s interface.
- Characters not included in the DOS codepage are replaced with “?” characters during export to DOS-formats.
- “BatchPage cpp.135” error message appears when launching FineReader 5.0 Pro/Office.
- “Internal program error c:\FineReader\Shell\Frame\ShellUICallback.cpp, 38” error message appears when launching FineReader 5.0 Pro/Office.
- “Internal program error C:\FineReader50\ImageSupport\Inc\ImageSupport.h, 628 ” error message appears when saving a recognized document with pictures in RTF format.
- FineReader 5.0 Pro/Office does not start after running Norton WinDoctor.
- Other scanning applications installed on the computer cannot find the TWAIN-sources after FineReader 5.0 installation.
- An error message appears after entering a word in the Greek dictionary that was already there.
- Cannot edit the PDF files exported from FineReader 5.0 Pro/Office in Adobe Acrobat 4.0 and higher.
- Copy/Paste commands do not work in the Check Spelling window.
- “С:\FineReader50\ImageSupport\Src\ImageImpl.cpp, 824” error message appears during export into PDF.
- “C:\FineReader50\ExportSupport\PdfAdjustedObj.cpp.418” error message appears during export into PDF under MS Windows 98.
- Errors encountered when choosing Type 1 fonts.
- ‘Not enough memory’ error message is displayed when rotating an image.
- JPEG-in-TIFF support (TIFF 6 Revision 2 update).
- Updating the scanning module.
If An error message appears when running ABBYY FineReader 5.0 under Windows XP (no such error for me), please find the fix on the official page here.
Thanks to Goodwin for informing me about this promo.