German security specialist Avira today released the Version 2012 of its world-famous antivirus computer security software. Avira’s 2012 software product includes several updates intended to make it easier than ever for the customer to choose the right product, configure it easily, and stay protected without worries through an active license.
Avira Version 2012 Product Highlights:
- More intuitive User Interfaces – A cleaner, more modern screen design with options organized by function, and a streamlined 2-click install process and automatic resolution of software conflicts during installation. Avira’s software was designed with default configurations to make installation easier, to keep the user safer, and to take the guesswork out of remaining secure. Also, users will discover that many components have been renamed so that every consumer can understand their function without reading the documentation. And best of all, a one-click “Fix Problems” button to solve any issues that might endanger users’ computers.
- Increased stability and reliability – all components have been made more resilient in order to resist against targeted malware attacks which are more and more aggressive. This includes, but it is not limited to, the ability to function without many registry keys, better protection against process termination, component deletion and many others. The repair functionality for various malware families has also been improved.
- Decreased resource usage and faster initialization time – Many optimizations in all modules, re-usage and recycling of components that have already been loaded in memory lead to a lower memory consumption. Because the engine is loaded only once, the overall initialization time of all modules has been improved.
- Smarter Code – Avira software has even further increased detection rates by out-witting malware that hides from ordinary antivirus software. New detection mechanisms find rogue code that hides even deep in the operating system.
- Stronger Detection – All components have been fortified in order to better resist malware attacks that target antivirus software specifically. This fortification includes the ability for Avira software to function without many registry keys, better resistance against process termination and component deletion, and many other malware counter-measures.
- IPv6 Support for the FireWall, Web and Mail Protection – The FireWall included in the Avira Internet Security is now able to filter Ipv6 addresses on the adapter level and also create rules for applications trying to connect over Ipv6. This completes the FireWall solution and assures the customers that even if they use the newest IP protocol they are still protected. Also, the Mail and Web protection components are able to work now in a pure Ipv6 environment.
- Removal of potentially incompatible software – Everybody knows that running two security solutions in parallel can have negative consequences on the stability of the PC and the overall experience with newly installed software. So in order to make the transition to the Avira products version 2012 as easy and painless as possible, automatic detection and removal of potentially incompatible software has been added in all installation programs. No worries, it is possible to select what 3rd party solutions to keep.
- Express Installation – The new release makes the installation of the products even more easier and straight forward. Avira have kept only the most important things in the Express installation and left the others in the Custom installation mode.
- User configurable Game Mode – From now on it is possible to force the product to not display any information or show popups. Avira unified the Game Mode functionality which was available in several components (Real-Time scanner, Updater, FireWall) and allow its premium users to control it manually. It doesn’t need to be configured and no action is required meaning that it will work completely automatically.
- Improved prioritization for the System Scan – The scanning process of a system is a very intensive operation as the disk activity is concerned. The entire computer might suffer a severe performance loss when a full system scan is triggered. In order to still ensure a safe environment by regularly scanning the entire computer without the interruption of normal activities that are performed on the computer, Avira have improved the prioritization of the System Scan feature (on demand scanning) for all supported platforms. If the user chooses the priority Low for the scan priority, the system scan will be performed in such a way that the scanner doesn’t significantly slow down the computer.
Pricing and Availability:
Avira’s 2012 line up of antivirus security software is available now localized for English and German languages. French, Japanese, Chinese and other localizations will be available in the first quarter of 2012. Retail pricing is:
- Avira Free Antivirus 2012 – FREE
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 (formerly Avira AntiVir Premium) – ￥73.00
- Avira Internet Security 2012 (formerly Avira Premium Security Suite) – ￥146.00
- Avira Professional Security 2012 (formerly called Avira AntiVir Professional) – ￥204.50 plus VAT
- Avira Server Security (formerly called Avira AntiVir Server) – ￥2,092.10 plus VAT
Free Download Avira Version 2012 [Online and Offline installer, User Manual]
- Download Avira Free Antivirus 2012: Link
- Download Avira Antivirus Premium 2012: Link
- Download Avira Internet Security 2012: Link
- Download Avira Professional Security 2012: Link
- Download Avira Server Security : Link
Avira Version 2012 System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP3 (32 bit),
- Windows XP SP2 (64 bit)
- Windows Vista SP1 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
Support for Windows 2000 has been cancelled. And administrator rights are required for installation under Windows.