We all should know about AVAST Software, a popular antivirus and internet security products maker based in Czech Republic which famous for releasing one of the best free antivirus around for the PC users. Now, with the release of the free mobile security (or mobile antivirus) edition, this great company extends anti-malware protection and more to those using Android smartphones and Android tablets.
Avast Free Mobile Security is full-featured Antivirus and Anti-Theft security app for your Android gadgets, which provides a number of protection features that are usually available only in paid-for Android security software. It integrates the powerful and advanced functions of Antivirus, Web Shield, Firewall, Privacy Protection, SMS/Call Filtering, Anti-Theft, and Remote Features, as well as other auxiliary functions.
Protect personal data with automatic virus scans and infected-URL alerts. Stop hackers by adding a firewall (rooted phones). Control anti-theft features with remote SMS commands for: history wipe, phone lock, siren activation, GPS tracking, audio monitoring, and many other useful tools. Your ‘invisible’ app hides itself, making it extremely hard for thieves to find and disable. A standalone yet tightly integrated component of avast! Mobile Security, avast! Anti-Theft, Formerly known as Theft Aware, is the slyest component on the market – because your security app should not alert potential thieves about its presence. You’ll be able to remotely control your ‘lost’ phone by SMS at any time, with no signals indicated on the phone itself.
Avast! Free Mobile Security Key Features:
- Antivirus, performs on-demand scans of all installed apps and memory card content, as well as on-access scans of apps upon first execution.
- Privacy Report, Scans and displays (grid) access rights and intents of installed apps, identifying potential privacy risks.
- SMS/Call Filtering to filter and block unwanted calls and message. Also possible to block outgoing calls.
- App Manager, Similar to Windows Task Manager, it shows a list of running apps and their size (MB), CPU load, used memory, and number of threads and services – with an option to stop or uninstall.
- Web Shield scans each URL that loads and warns you if the browser loads a malware-infected URL.
- Firewall to stop hackers.(Works only on rooted phones.
- Avast! Anti-Theft, everything you knew before as Theft Aware which is NOT Free, is now included for free in avast! Free Mobile Security. The Anti-Theft module provides options to remotely locate, lock, wipe or send a message to the Android device.
Avast! Free Mobile Security is available now for free download from the Android Market [Market Link]. Operating Systems Supported: Android 2.1.x, Android 2.2.x, Android 2.3.x.