LogMeIn is a remote desktop tool that can be used to create a remote connection between a desktop or a smartphone. Previously, the application LogMeIn iOS was paid, you had to hand over $29.99 for the simple pleasure of remotely controlling your PC or Mac desktops from your iPad or iPhone via LogMeIn Ignition, but now you can use this amazing tool without paying a penny! LogMeIn has released a new free app in the App Store that provides remote control experience free to iPad and iPhone users.
iPad and iPhone owners can take advantage of the remote access capabilities by simply downloading the free app from the Apple App Store and then installing LogMeIn Free on any PC or Mac which they wish to access. You can remotely access your files, run your applications and control your desktops over WiFi/3G from anywhere. With everything at your fingertips, you’re finally free to go.
LogMeIn Free users can:
- Access an unlimited number of PCs and Macs from their iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) through a highly secure yet simple connection (AES 256-bit encryption, SSL/TLS intrusion detection)
- Remotely view and control their PCs and Macs as if the device were in their hands
- Run their computer-based business applications like Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, etc. on their iOS device
- View important files and other important information stored on a remote computer from anywhere with a WiFi or 3G connection
Remote control features include:
- Intuitive and flexible control modes
- Multi-monitor support
- Supports use of special key combinations
- Start a sleeping computer with Wake-On-LAN
If you need a little more than the basics, then you can upgrade to LogMeIn Pro with in-app subscription system for $40/year. LogMeIn Pro version offers all the benefits and capabilities of LogMeIn Free, plus:
- High Definition (HD) remote control, optimized for streaming video and audio content from their PCs to their iOS devices (available for Windows, Mac HD streaming is planned for early 2012)
- Cloud storage integration to quickly and seamlessly view, copy, transfer and save files between iOS devices, personal or work computers, and popular cloud services (e.g. Dropbox, Google Docs)
- File Management for transferring files and folders between computers and saving them to your device: Copy, move, and save files or folders from remote computers directly onto the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch for offline viewing
- Remote printing to any AirPrint compatible printer
- Photo App Management for accessing and transferring photos from/to your iPad or iPhone photo library
- A version of the new LogMeIn app for Android smartphones and tablets is planned for 2012.
LogMeIn Remote Desktop App is a free download for iPad and iPhone in the iTunes App Store. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and iPad 2. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.