Updated [December 18, 2012]: MP3ToolKit used to be freeware but the developer may have changed their mind and are charging $29.95 USD for it now.
MP3 Toolkit is a newly launched, powerful suite of free music editing tools, allowing users to convert between audio formats, rip CD disks, edit tags, cut and merge MP3 files and record MP3 from the mike. You can also use MP3 Toolkit to convert audio for mobile devices, make ringtones, fix tag information, etc. Besides standard MP3 format, MP3 Toolkit supports most of popular audio & video formats like WMA, WMV, MP4, WAV, OGG, FLV and more, also supports high quality audio like FLAC and APE.
The free MP3 Toolkit applications include:
- MP3 Converter lets the user convert one or more audio files between standard MP3 audio and WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC and more. In addition to the audio format, one can customize other settings such as bitrate, rate, audio channel and destination folder. It can also extract the audio stream from popular video formats like MP4, FLV, AVI etc.
- CD to MP3 Ripper is designed for anyone who wants to make backup copies of tracks from an audio disk. As you may konwn, the audio CD contains audio tracks (.cda) files which cannot be copied to use directly.
- MP3 Tag Editor provides a handy interface to edit MP3 tag information in batch mode. One can add or edit a song title, artist, album, year, comment and track number. Also it’s possible to define a file name format ([Artist] – [Title], [Title] – [Artist] and more), directory format ([Current Folder]\[Artist]\[Album]\) and enable additional file rename options (Append Bitrate to Filename, Append Mode to Filename).
- MP3 Merger can merge & combine your several FLAC, MP3, OGG and WAV audio files to a complete single audio file.
- MP3 Cutter lets the user cut an audio file to remove unnecessary parts. One may want to do this in many situations, for example, in order to make a custom ringtone for the smart phone.
- MP3 Recorder allows you to record any sound from your micphone directly to standard MP3 format, and no length limitation. Also it’s possible to record streaming audio provided that the sound card supports sound mixing.
Download MP3ToolKit Freeware
MP3 Toolkit runs under Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003, VISTA and 7. The suite of applications is available as a free download from the product website.