Default video player in iPhone, iPad and iPod can play only mp4 format. While the famous VLC media player allows us to play almost every kind of media formats without the need of conversion first. However, the official VLC media player which is mainly targeted for iOS devices, namely iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, is far removed from its first availability of the App Store.
But is it gone forever? Never! Now this free app is available on the Cydia store (with condition that your iOS devices were jailbroken). Ryan Petrich, the developer of Action Menu, SwitcherMod, Icon Renamer and Display Recorder app, has added the VLC app on his beta repo in Cydia.
You can follow the below guides to download a VLC media player For Free:
- Open Cydia store on your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- On the main screen, go to Manage Tab > Sources.
- Click on the Edit button and then Add button to add in the new repo URL http://rpetri.ch/repo and click on ‘Add sources’ button to confirm.
- Once completed, go to search option and search for VLC Media Player app.
- You will notice the utility appeared in the list and click on ‘Install’ to install the app into your iOS devices and enjoy VLC Media Player on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.