Today Mozilla Firefox 5.0 final version already appeared in Mozilla FTP servers ahead of official announcement and it is available for all platforms. This comes as a surprise since it’s only 3 months after the release of Firefox 4 on 21st March.
Firefox 5 will not bring any GUI changes and you will notice exactly the same design as in Firefox 4. This latest stable version offers more stability and improvements than the former test builds. However, most of the plugins seems to be incompatible with Firefox 5 right now.
Features & Improvements f Firefox 5
- Performance improvements for background tabs
- Improvements to Linux desktop environment integration
- Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- Improvements to spell checking for various languages
- The preference for “Do Not Track” has been moved to aid easier discoverability by users
- Support for CSS transitions has been added
- WebGL fixes: a fix for cross-domain textures and a fix to address the memory stealing issue
Users interested in upgrading to Firefox 5 can download from below links now or wait for Mozilla’s official announcement on June 21st after that to receive automatic update notification within 24 to 48 hours.
Firefox 5 for Windows (English-US) – [Direct Links]
Firefox 5 for Linux (English-US) – [Direct Links]
Firefox 5 for Mac (English-US) – [Direct Links]