RedLaser is one of the best barcode scanner apps for iPhone and iPod touch. It allows users to scan any item from any store that has a bar code with their device’s built-in camera and perform searches via Google Product Search, eBay, and other search engines to compare prices and find more details about the product at internet sites and various stores nearby. So, you never face any problem while you are at a shop to buy something and the shopkeeper cann’t make more money on you. I have to say barcode apps do make shopping more easier and fun!
The newly updated RedLaser barcode scanner app has many new features which help you to scan the barcode easily on the first-gen, 3G, and 3GS. It now has a state-of-the-art barcode recognition that handles virtually all barcodes: UPC, EAN, UPC-E and EAN-8, just by aligning the barcode edges with the arrows and holding it in place for a second or two, even without autofocus!
Key Features of RedLaser Free barcode Scanner App:
- Shop smarter. RedLaser searches for low online and local prices from hundreds of thousands of retailers. Features product results from Google (US & UK), TheFind, eBay, Milo.com and Half.com!
- Scan faster. Even without autofocus! RedLaser uses state-of-the-art barcode recognition that can read virtually any product barcode. Works great on the first-gen, 3G, and 3GS!
- Scans virtually all barcodes: UPC, EAN, UPC-E and EAN-8 barcodes!
- QR code scanning including URLs, contact info, calendar events, emails and more!
- Local search powered by Milo.com and TheFind
- Local search locates books in nearby libraries
- High-res Retina display support for iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 LED light option during scanning
- Send scanned products as email attachment ― great for inventory!
- Automatic search localization for USD, EUR, and GBP
This 3rd Party barcode Scanner App is now part of the eBay mobile family & available for free to download at the Apple iTunes AppStore! It will work on iPhone and iPod touch (4th generation) that is running iOS 4.0 or newer.