Finally, at long last, after so much waiting, Skypeone of the famous VOIP (Voice over IP) service provider released an app for Smart phones running on Google’s Android Mobiles OS. Android smartphone owners can now download a free Skype app from the Android Market which will let them make free Skype-to-Skype calls, and send and receive IMs for free, one-to-one or with a group. You can also call phones at Skype’s great rates – over WiFi or 3G. Note: For U.S users Skype recommends to you connect to a WiFi zone for best value.
Highlights of ‘Skype for Android app’ include:
* Make Skype-to-Skype calls to other Skype users anywhere in the world
* Send/receive instant messages to/from individuals or groups
* Make Skype calls at low rates to people on landline or mobile phones
* Receive calls to your online personal phone number on Skype
* See when your Skype contacts are online/available to chat
To download Skype app for Android Phones, Visit skype.com/m on your phone.
You’ll need to have Android 2.1 or above installed to run this thing (Skype tested it on HTCs Desire and Legend phones, Google’s Nexus One, and Motorola’s Milestone and Milestone XT710) , but if you do, why aren’t you downloading it already? If you already use Skype on a computer, you’ll see your full contact list when you sign in to Skype on your Android phone, hence eliminating the hassle of creating a new account. If not, you can set up an free account and be ready to go in minutes. Let us know how your own ‘droid fares in the comments below.