DxO FilmPack is a simple and efficient film simulation software which allows photographers, experts as well as beginners, to easily apply to their digital images all of the characteristics of the analog films that have made photo history, as well as numerous original renderings, filters, toning, and visual effects — all of which can be infinitely combined. Praised by professionals for the faithfulness of its analog film renderings, DxO FilmPack 5 can simulate up to 60 film types including Kodachrome, Fuji Reala, Tri-X, Velvia, and others. Of course, DxO FilmPack makes a copy without altering your original… which can be saved or used to try other film renderings later.
Thanks to the easy-to-use and intuitive interface these simulations are available with a single mouse click or with complete creative control of color rendition and grain for knowledgeable users. DxO FilmPack v5 also enables users to match the tone and look of older Silver Halide prints with digital files and even create their own personalized film interpretations. The batch mode allows users to process hundreds of images at once for unparalleled productivity.
DxO FilmPack can be used as a standalone application for Mac and PC or as a plug-in plugins for Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Elements, and Apple Aperture, and DxO Optics Pro. In addition, DxO FilmPack 5 can be used as a Smart Filter in Adobe Photoshop.
DxO FilmPack thus offers:
- the rendering of many black & white and color silver-halide films based on measurements of their characteristics and on tests conducted by DxO;
- the true grain of the films, copied from authentic test films, with adjustable dimensions and intensity;
- the possibility of mixing a rendering with a different grain to develop one’s own films;
- the use of colored filters and metallic toning for creative effect in black & white
Uses for DxO FilmPack
In comparison with the many modifications that a photo editor might make, DxO FilmPack offers quick and highly effective solutions for easily transforming your digital files in order to:
- discover the magic of classic silver-halide films and the variety of images that can be obtained by changing sensitive media: What used to be possible to do through exposure on classic film can now be reproduced on your computer;
- rediscover the rendering of a classic film to match photos taken several years ago on film and recent digital photos to display in an exhibition or for a book;
- give texture to enlargements to avoid the overly smooth or even “plastic” feel that is a common critic of digital photos, as the addition of a grain gives density and relief visible to the eye when printed on large format paper;
- freely combine the desired renderings to explore without limits the artistic creation that was the privilege of virtuoso chemists in the darkroom only a few years ago.
DxO FilmPack 5 Essential Edition Free Serial Number / Activation Code
Compatible with Mac and Windows, DxO FilmPack 5 is available in two editions, Essential and ELite, which differ in terms of available film renderings and features. DxO FilmPack 5 Essential Edition is normally priced at $79 per serial number / activation code. But DxO Labs has partnered with Computerbild to offer download of DxO FilmPack 5 Essential Edition full version for free. The giveaway is valid till July 31, 2018.
Interested users just need to visit the giveaway page here, enter your email, the verification code and click on the “Absenden” button to get your free activation code for both Mac and Windows.
Download DxO FilmPack 5 Essential Edition: for Windows | For Mac
Your activation code can be simultaneously activated on 2 computers, Mac or PC. Please note that your free license is not upgradeable. Giveaway Offer valid till July 31, 2018.
Updated: This is not a new promo but lasts for a long time. It is still working and many of you may need it. I change the date published for this post to make it up. Enjoy this simple and efficient film simulation software.