Emsisoft Emergency Kit is a freeware portable malware removal and repair tool which contains a collection of portable programs that can be used without a software installation to scan and clean infected PCs from viruses, trojans, spyware, adware, worms, dialers, keyloggers and other malware programs. You can launch the kit directly from read-only devices like CDs, DVDs or USB sticks.
Version 9 is now available, and as always, completely free of charge for private users. Greater detection is the primary improvement, with Emsisoft Emergency Kit now using the same Emsisoft + Bitdefender scan engines as Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.0, latest tests approve that both engines are cutting edge in Malware detection. Another immediate benefit of including the new BitDefender engine is a significant drop in the number of false positives as they were usually caused by the former second scan engine ( Ikarus antivirus engine). The new build also promises new performance settings for advanced users, optimized malware cleaning, and hourly updates which can be downloaded manually.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit Key Features:
- Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner. With the Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner you have got the powerful Emsisoft Scanner including graphical user interface. Search the infected PC for Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Dialers, Keyloggers and other malign programs. Found Malware can be moved to quarantine or finally deleted.
- Emsisoft Commandline Scanner. Emsisoft Commandline Scanner offers the same functionality as the Emergency Kit Scanner but without a graphical user interface. The commandline tool is made for professional users and can be used perfectly for batch jobs.
- Emsisoft BlitzBlank. BlitzBlank is a tool for advanced users and all those who deal with Malware infections on a daily basis. Malware infections are not always easy to clean up as pests today use filed techniques to prevent deletion. In more and more cases it is almost impossible to delete a Malware file while Windows is running. BlitzBlank deletes files, registry entries and drivers at boot time before Windows and all other programs are loaded.
- Self made Emergency USB stick. Expand the content of the Emsisoft Emergency Kit to an USB stick and make your own universal tool to scan and clean infected PCs.
What’s new in Emsisoft Emergency Kit 9:
- Improved usability: The completely revised user interface in version 9 is optimized for Windows 8 and based on Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9. The new design arranges the main functions with corresponding shapes and coloring, making them quickly accessible and easy to understand – especially for users who are facing malware for the very first time.
- Faster scans with better detection: Our dual-scanner strategy has been tried and tested for many years, and it has successfully won countless comparatives and awards from renowned anti-virus test labs, like AV-Comparatives and Virus Bulletin (VB100). The malware scanner has been improved in this newest version and new cleaning routines have been added as well. This ensures that even the latest threats can be safely and thoroughly removed, and that your system will function properly after cleaning. Additionally, we have greatly increased scanning speed.
- Hundreds of detail improvements for a better user experience: It’s the simple things in life that bring us joy. Emsisoft has built a reputation around actively listening and responding to our customers. This approach has allowed us to develop and incorporate hundreds of improvements into this new version of the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, many of which wouldn’t have been possible without customer feedback. For this reason, Emsisoft would like to personally thank each and every one of our countless beta testers for all of their hard work and dedication!
- Advanced Evaluation: The Logs section now provides more insight into a variety of different processes, like scans, quarantines and updates. Logs like these are good for personal reference (if you’re feeling geeky), and they are extremely helpful to our analysts in the event of complications, from advanced malware strains.
- New PRO license: A new licensing model now allows professional use in business applications, like help desks, PC repair services, administrators and all those other pros who clean up after malware every single day.
Free Download Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Emsisoft Emergency Kit 9 is available as a free download for PCs running Windows XP or later, including the forthcoming Windows 8. It takes up about 220 MB space and installing Emsisoft Emergency Kit to a USB flash drive is easy. Just expand the content of the Emsisoft Emergency Kit to an USB stick and make your own universal tool to scan and clean infected PCs. You can now use Emsisoft dual engine to scan computers without actually installing it.
Download Emsisoft Emergency Kit 3, the freeware portable virus removal and repair tool, from this link .
Please note, Emsisoft Emergency Kit is not a replacement for active virus protection on your system, since it doesn’t provide any real-time protection from threats. It is most useful when you need a second antivirus opinion when you already have an existing one.