In just over two weeks the world will welcome the start of the 2012 London Olympic Games. If you can’t get to the Olympics this summer, and want to keep a close track of all the events of the 2012 London Olympics Games, the BBC Olympics mobile app is what you are looking for. The app will provide up to 24 streams of live coverage, detailed schedule and results pages, and daily news stories.
Alongside full live streaming, catch-up coverage and highlights, the app will offer facts, statistics and information for every athlete, country and sport. The user will also be able to access live daily text commentaries, news stories and a detailed schedule and results section covering every Olympics event. Extra functionality of the app allows stories to be saved for offline reading, ensuring the latest information is accessible even when mobile reception is unavailable. Additionally, iOS users can personalise the app by adding their favourite Olympics sports to the customisable tab bar, enabling quick access to the latest live action. Fearnley , General Manager BBC News & Knowledge, added: “The BBC Sport Olympics app ensures that everything you need to keep up-to-date with the action is right there at your fingertips. Even when you’re out of range of 3G or wireless, we’ll still be able to deliver the latest news to you offline.
BBC Olympics Mobile App Main Features:
- Up to 24 live video streams
- All the latest top stories
- Updated headlines about your national team, based on your location
- Daily live text commentaries from BBC journalists
- Video highlights of the action, features and interviews with athletes
- Detailed schedule and results for every event
- Continually updated medals table
- A page for every Olympic sport
- A page for every competing country
- A page for every Olympic athlete taking part
- Read the homepage top stories offline
- Share stories, videos and results by email and on social networks
Free Download BBC Olympics Mobile App for Android, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
BBC Olympics App for iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch require iOS version 5.0 or later, while the Android app requires Flash to be installed, and Android 2.2 or later.
The UK app can be downloaded now from:
And for those outside the UK, the global version of the app can be downloaded now from:
Note: The global app does not contain live video streams.
BlackBerry owners will have to make do with a shortcut app from this link, which creates a bookmark for the BBC Olympics mobile site. BBC coverage of the 2012 Olympics can also be enjoyed on mobile phones via the mobile browser version of the BBC Sport website.