We all should know about Bitdefender, the award-winning provider of innovative internet security solutions. Now this great company is jumping on the Android train with the release of its first security solution for Android smart Phones, dubbed Bitdefender Mobile Security.
Bitdefender Mobile Security makes sure your phone is secure and your privacy protected. The application, which weds in-the-cloud technology to the company’s years of experience on the front lines of the battle against e-threats, offers a robust defense against invasion of privacy, malicious software and theft while saving battery power for its core purpose – communication.
What can you expect from Bitdefender Mobile Security Free Version?
- On-Demand Scanning – An on-demand scan may be run at any time to make sure that all the applications installed on the device are legitimate and all applications installed or kept in the phone’s storage are legitimate and safe.
- On-Install Scanning – Bitdefender Mobile Security will make sure that the Android device stays clean by automatically scanning any application immediately after its install. This also helps users stay informed and protected whenever they try a new application.
- Application AuditFREE – Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android allows users to keep track of each application’s permission requirements, displaying which applications try to access the Internet or sensitive data (Contacts list, Messages, Calendar entries, Photo gallery). It will also indicate what applications have been granted the permission to access billable device functions such as making phone calls or sending text messages.
- Full Speed & Low Battery Impact – Thanks to its cloud-based threat detection and top-of-the-line security services, Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android secures your browsing experience and prevents installation of malicious applications with virtually no battery life impact.
Bitdefender Mobile Security Free Version is a stripped down version of Bitdefender’s more robust full suite. The full Premium version offers exactly the same antivirus Android-specific protection as the free edition, but comes with several additional security features such as
- Anti-Theft (Requires permission to access private data) – Did you misplace your phone? Was your device just stolen? Jump to My.Bitdefender.com on any browser and remotely lock it. The Anti-Theft module provides options to remotely locate, lock, wipe or send a message to the Android device.
- Web Security (Currently only works with the default Android browser) – Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android uses the Bitdefender Cloud services to alert users, when browsing, about webpages that contain malware, phishing or fraudulent content.
The full Premium version charges £6.95 for a 1-user 1-year serial key. You can download Bitdefender Mobile Security free version from the Android Market: Link. Upgrade to Premium for £6.95/year, if you like, with In-app Purchase.