Electronic Arts is continuing its “On the House” free game promotional program and is now offering the PC version of the survival management game DEAD IN BERMUDA free for all Origin members (worth $14.99).
Developed by French studio CCCP, DEAD IN BERMUDA is a survival/management game with RPG and adventure elements, in which you lead a team of 8 survivors from a plane crash on a strange island. Assign your survivors to tasks, gain experience and develop your survival skills, research and craft new items for the camp, explore the island for resources and solve the mysteries behind an ancient atlantean prophecy. This game gets a User Score of 6.8 on Metacritic, and a Mostly Positive review from players in the Steam store (74% of the 182 user reviews are positive).
- Manage the well-being of your team: they can die from Hunger, Fatigue, Sickness, Injury and Depression as well as lack of water.
- Relationships between characters evolve! They can argue, become friends and even lovers.
- Research & Craft to upgrade your camp.
- Deep RPG system running behind the scenes: the efficiency of every action is tied to character skill, opinions and the state of the character.
- Exploration: 100 map areas to discover, each with its own rewards… or traps!
- Randomized elements: the map, the items, the dialogs, the skills and traits of your characters changes every new game.
- Special encounters in the jungle with choose-you-own-adventure like elements.
- Easy to play, but hard to survive!
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 700 MB available space
- Additional Notes: 1280×720 minimal screen resolution
You can grab the game for free for a limited time period on EA’s Origin store here. If you don’t have an Origin account, just create one, it’s free. And as with the other On the House freebies, once you claim the game, you can download and play it whenever you want, even when the game goes back to its original price on Origin. If you’re a fan of survival/management games, don’t miss out.
Note: Users in regions outside the United States may get the first-person shooter Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault for free instead.