After months of beta testing, Google has finally released the latest version of Google Earth, Google Earth 6.2. This new version brings it with improved imagery rendering, new search interface, integration of Google+ service, and addition interesting features and bug fixes.
Google Earth is a desktop 3D globe and map software that lets user fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrains, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean, etc. from their desktop. You can explore rich geographical content, save your toured places, and share with others.
What’s new in Google Earth Version 6.2 ?
1. Improved imagery rendering, including:
- Google Earth imagery is significantly more seamless, especially at higher altitudes
- Fade-in animation for imagery as it is fetched.
- Anisotropic filtering by default.
- Improved level of detail calculation for imagery tiles.
2. Enhanced search, including support for:
- Clearer local business and directions search results. These now appear in full HTML in the left hand panel.
- Improved quality thresholds on search results.
- Walking directions, biking directions, and transit search.
- Search layers in local business searches. In a local business search, you now see all relevant results in the 3D view, 10 results in the search panel.
- Suggest in search. As you type a search query, search suggestions appear in a drop-down menu.
- Loading search results with one click, not two.
3. Integration of Google+ service, share screenshots of the places you’ve virtually traveled to with your Circles, such as family, friends or your local hiking club, from within the Google Earth client.
4. Unified network stack. Google Earth now uses the same network stack for imagery, vector content, balloon content and embedded browser content. This will avoid situations where imagery loads but balloon content does not display under certain proxy settings.
5. Unified Google login mechanism in the client.
6. Improved performance with 3D buildings.
Free Download Google Earth 6.2 Full Version Offline Standalone Setup Installer
Google Earth 6.2 is already available for download for PC, Mac, and Linux platforms at Google Earth site, which is of course an online installer. You need to have active internet on the PC where you wish to install Google Earth 6.2 using this online Setup installer. For those who prefer the full version standalone offline setup installer for Google Earth 6.2 latest version can use the following direct download links to get the full installer:
Google Earth 6.2 Offline Installer For Windows: GoogleEarthWin.exe
Google Earth 6.2 Offline Installer For Mac OS X: GoogleEarthMac.dmg
If you’re using beta or older version of Google Earth you’ll be automatically upgraded to latest version.