Good news to all VLC Media Player lovers. VideoLAN, the developers of VLC Media Player, has finally released the much awaited 2.0 version of VLC Media Player for Windows, Mac and Linux. VLC Media Player 2.0 is now available for free download from the official website.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols. VLC 2.0 “Twoflower” is a major new version which comes with a lot of new features, new optimizations on the technical side, bug fixs, as well as completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces.
What’s New in VLC 2.0:
- Faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs.
- A new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.
- VLC 2.0 supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).
- Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.
- VLC 2.0 fixes several hundreds of bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 160 volunteers.
More info about VLC 2.0, check out the release note.
Download VLC Media Player 2.0 for Windows, Mac, and Linux from this link.
Take note that you should uninstall the previous version before installing VLC 2.0.