Windows 8 N and Windows 8 KN, distributions specifically for European Union and Korean customers, include the same functionality as Windows 8, except that these versions of Windows do not include Windows Media Player, and related technologies. Therefore, you must install a separate media player in order to do any of the following:
- Play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs
- Organize content in a media library
- Create playlists
- Convert audio CDs to media files
- View artist and title information about media files
- View album art about music files
- Transfer music to personal music players
- Record and playback TV broadcasts
Additionally, various Web sites and software programs rely on Windows Media-related files that are not incorporated into Windows 8 N and Windows 8 KN. These programs include Microsoft Office and Microsoft Encarta.To enable all these Web sites and software programs to work correctly, you can install the Windows Media Feature Pack for Windows 8 N and for Windows 8 KN (KB2703761) without charge from Microsoft. This Media Feature Pack will install Media Player and related technologies on a computer running Windows 8 N or Windows 8 KN editions.
Download Media Feature Pack from from Microsoft.