GiliSoft RAMDisk is a simple, straightforward partition creation utility for Windows PC users that will map a certain amount of RAM to a system partition. You choose its size (depending on the amount of RAM in your system), drive letter, and file system. You can use this drive exactly as you would a normal one. This means you can copy, move and delete files on it. Like a physical disk, a RAM disk can also be shared so as to be accessed by other computers on a network.
One of the advantages to the GiliSoft RAMDisk drive is that it is faster and more versatile. This is because the RAM disk bypasses the system hard drive, which is the slowest part of a computer. Freeing your data storage and retrieval from this mechanical disk gives your system an immediate boost. Another reason for using a RAM disk is security or privacy. Once the computer is restarted or shutdown, the contents of the RAM disk are lost (when the auto-save feature is disabled). For some services or applications, this is an important attribute that contributes to the protection of sensitive data or information.
GiliSoft RAMDisk Features and Benefits:
- Use a RAM disk to boost performance and speed up access to data.
- Unlike your system hard drive, a RAM disk contains no moving parts to generate noise and heat.
- Data stored on RAM disks can be set to be automatically deleted when you shut down or restart your computer, or you can opt to auto-save data on RAM disks so it isn’t lost.
- System Compatible: FAT/NTFS/exFAT
- System Compatible: Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7/8 (32&64)
GiliSoft RAMDisk Free Download Serial Key
GiliSoft RAMDisk is normally priced at $39.85 per serial number / license key. Sharewareonsale are having a giveaway of GiliSoft RAMDisk v6.5.0, where everyone can download a full version copy for free. The giveaway will be valid for three days only. Act fast to grab your free copy. More info & grab your free copy at the promo page here.
Terms and Conditions:
This is a 1-computer lifetime license, for home use
- No free updates; if you update the program, you may lose it
- No free tech support
- Must be downloaded, installed, and registered before this offer is over — you cannot register later
Creating a System Restore Point before trying out a new software or a tweak is always recommended.