Everyone has their own privacy. So, hiding certain files and folders is a need that many of us require time to time. IObit Protected Folder Pro is a folder / file locker that is designed to password-protect your folders and files from being seen, read or modified in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000.
IObit Protected Folder works like a safety box, just drag and drop the folders or files you want to hide or protect into Protected Folder, then no one can see, read or modify them. Whether you are concerned with privacy, data theft, data loss, or data leaks, Protected Folder is an ideal tool for you. Note: It is critical that you don’t forget your password.
IObit Protected Folder Key Benefits
- Hide from View – Hide folders, files, pictures & videos from those who want to investigate and search for certain files on your computer. No one can see them except you.
- Block Access – Easily block access to files, folders, and programs you choose. You can password protect folder and its files then others can see it but cannot access, read or view its content.
- Write Protection – Protect your files from being modified by others. No one can change the content of your files without your permission. Keep your files safe and intact.
- Privacy Protection – Keep your private data, files, pictures or videos into Protected Folder, the only way to access these files is with your password.
- No more Data theft, Data loss, or Data leaks – Protect your important files or data from being accidentally deleted, replaced, or stolen by others.
- Extremely Easy to Use – Just drag and drop the file to Protected Folder with folder password to protect it. Its intuitive interface makes it the ideal utility for complete computer novice.
IObit Protected Folder Pro Free Serial Key/ License Code
IObit Protected Folder Pro is normally priced at $19.95 per serial key/ license code. But Bitsdujour are having a giveaway of IObit Protected Folder Pro V1.3 for PC, where everyone can download a one year full version copy for free. The giveaway will be valid for a limited time only. Act fast to grab your free copy. Visit this link to download the giveaway package.
Here is the proof:
Terms and Conditions
- License info: This is a 1-user 1-year license, for home use;
- Update policy: Free updates for 12 months; For versions after that, upgrades will require additional payment, which will not be discounted.
- Re-install policy: Must be downloaded, installed, and registered before May 9, 2018 — you cannot register later.
- Tech support policy: No free tech support;
- Giveaway version is v1.3;
- Download available for: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000
IObit Protected Folder Pro Free 6 Months License Code
Sharewareonsale are having a giveaway of IObit Protected Folder Pro V1.3, where everyone can download a 6 months full version copy for free. The giveaway will be valid for three days only. Visit the prom page here to grab your free copy.
Actually the license code is same for all users. You can download IObit Protected Folder from this link. Install and just use the license in the screenshot below to active 6 months full version.
Freeware Alternative to IObit Protected Folder
1, TrueCrypt (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
Updated: The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated support of Windows XP. The download of TrueCrypt is not available any more.
TrueCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux. It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file or encrypt an entire hard disk partition or a device, such as USB flash drive. In contrast to file encryption, data encryption performed by TrueCrypt is real-time (on-the-fly), meaning that data are automatically encrypted or decrypted right before they are loaded or saved, without any user intervention. In case an attacker forces you to reveal the password, TrueCrypt provides plausible deniability.
2, USB Safeguard (portable)
USB Safeguard is a portable software program to encrypt and protect data with a password on your removable pen drives using the AES 256 bits encryption. The main purpose of using a USB pen drive is that you can bring your data with you wherever you go. But if you lose your USB pen drive your data also lose. This is dangerous if you have confidential files stored in it. Protect the pen drive with a password. USB Safeguard offers users (novice and expert) a security solution that fully protects valuable data stored on USB pen drives. Also, the program has a useful feature that allows you to enter your email or phone if you lose the pen drive. Free version works only with USB Flash drive of size max 2 GB, and but if you want to work with larger drives, you will have to invest in the regular version; this enables you to secure drives of up to 16TB in size. More info here.