The long wait is finally over. After nearly four months of extensive public testing, bugs fixing, Apple has officially released the iOS 5 Final stable Version to the public and iOS 5 update is now available for download. iOS 5 brings a ton of new features and enhanced functionalities to the iOS mobile devices, including the overhauled Notification Center, iMessage, Newsstand, Reminders, built-in Twitter Integration, camera and photo enhancements, iCloud support, Siri voice assistant, Over the air updates, Wireless syncing, and much more. The official direct download links are given at the end of this article, but you should consider checking out the video below to get a closer look at a few of the over 200 features that make iOS 5 the best update yet for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Complete List of iOS 5 New Features: Link
iOS 5 Supported Devices:
The iOS 5 update is compatible for the following idevices:
- iPhone 4S (shipped with iOS 5)
- iPhone 4 (GSM & CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch (3rd/4th generation)
- iPad 2
How to Update Your iDevice To iOS 5:
iOS 5 is now available for download and update directly through iTunes. To get the update now, you need to install the latest iTunes 10.5 first. Then connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iTunes and click the “Check for Update” button. If you have a slow/unreliable connection, you can even use the direct download links (provided below) to upgrade to iOS 5.
iOS 5 Official Direct Download Links:
- Download iOS 5 for iPhone 4S: iPhone4,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPhone 4 (GSM): iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPhone 4 (CDMA): iPhone3,3_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPhone 3GS: iPhone2,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPad 1: iPad1,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPad 2 (WiFi): iPad2,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPad 2 (GSM): iPad2,2_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPad 2 (CDMA): iPad2,3_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPod Touch 3G: iPod3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5 for iPod Touch 4G: iPod4,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
- Apple TV (2G) (iOS 4.4) : AppleTV2,1_4.4_9A334v_Restore.ipsw
After you’ve finished downloading the ipsw firmware files for your respective iOS device, connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iTunes, now select your device, and click the ‘Check for update’ button while holding the Option key (on Mac) or Shift key (in Windows) and browse to the iOS 5 firmware location, select IPSW file, and click Open to proceed. Remember to install iTunes 10.5 Final before upgrading your device to iOS 5.
Updated: Regarding the Error 3002 (Thanks to Robert)
I tried this – it worked as long as you have the latest iTunes and I press Shift in my keyboard and Restore button in iTunes at the same time. My Iphone got restored and updates on its own,
You will get the Error 3002 if you press Shift+Update.