About a month ago, Kaspersky lab released the public beta of their new protection suites – Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 & Kaspersky Interenet Security 2011. Now they have released the final version of both the protection suites.
Kaspersky Antivirus & Internet Security 2011 comes with a complete new GUI and a new sidebar gadget. Both the products includes a lot of new features.
New features in Kaspersky Antivirus & Internet Security 2011:
• In addition to the HTTP traffic scanning, Web anti-virus scans and FTP traffic now.
• To improve the reliability of the application, it offers protection against interception of DNS queries and substitution of node addresses.
• New! Watcher system analyzes a new protection component file, registry, system and network activities on the computer, while collecting information on events detected by other security components.
• If a hazardous activity in the system of Proactive Defense or File Anti-Virus (or in the course of the virus scan is detected), Rolls-System Watcher again the actions that were carried out by malicious programs.
• New! Kaspersky Gadget for users of Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7, the computer displays and to protect state allows scanning objects for threats.
• Now you can quickly Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 conversion without having to download setup file and restart the operating system. You can use the trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security, or go immediately to the commercial version with activation code.
• System Watcher contains pattern of dangerous activity (BSS). These patterns can detect both dangerous and suspicious activities on the computer. If any suspicious activity in the system on the basis of the pattern (or Proactive Defense) is detected, a notification with information about the event appears on the screen.
• A new technology that was designed to perform tasks run on a computer is idle allows the implementation of resource-intensive tasks, such as automatic updates, scan system memory and scanning of objects for rootkits, while the computer is turned on, but remains idle .
New Features only available in Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 :
•Online Banking identifies banking websites and allows the user to switch to Safe Run for Websites, which has been designed to handle this sort of web resources.
•Geo Filter lets you block or allow access to regional domains depending on their infection level.
•New! Sandbox technology uses virtualization methods to create a safe environment for running applications (Safe Run for Applications) and has been significantly improved. The application now features the option to run suspicious applications on a dedicated virtual desktop, which ensures reliable protection of the operating system. Safe Run for Websites (safe browser), which protects data being entered by the user, has been implemented to allow handling websites that require entering confidential information.
•A new technology named Wisdom of the Crowd has been implemented; it provides information about applications usage frequency and data on trust group distribution among the participants of the Kaspersky Security Network service. This information allows making a weighed decision when assigning a trust status to a new application.
•Safe Surf consists of previously implemented Kaspersky URL Advisor enhanced with a new mode of blocking websites with high threat rating calculated by Kaspersky Lab. When this mode is enabled, access to dangerous websites will be blocked. When viewing unknown websites, the component will offer the user to switch to Safe Run for Websites.