Back in March, Kaspersky lab released the public beta of their new protection suites – Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 & Kaspersky Interenet Security 2012, that came with Free 91 Days license for testing purposes. Today, Kaspersky has officially released the final version (126.96.36.1994) of both the protection suites, and are ready to download now. The new Final version of kaspersky has full advantage of the most innovative cutting-edge technologies to provide more accurate detection and an even faster response to any IT threats.
Kaspersky Antivirus & Internet Security 2012 come with an overhauled new user interface which is certainly much better than the former v11.0 design. Both the products offer many improvements to existing functionality as well as a few new important additions.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 is the backbone of your PC’s security system, delivering real-time protection from known and unknown threats, network and intruder attacks, spam and other unwanted information. It works behind the scenes with intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates, while proactively protecting you from known and emerging Internet threats. Enjoy essential protection that won’t slow you down with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012!
Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 Key Features:
- Improved System Watcher protects your PC against unknown threats and lets you roll back system changes made by malware.
- New Kaspersky File Advisor allows you to check file safety with a single click of the mouse.
- Improved Kaspersky URL Advisor marks web links with a color-coded tag to advise you of their danger level.
- Improved Anti-Phishing module warns about phishing sites that steal personal dat.
- New Task Manager alows you to monitor malware scanning activities as they happen.
- Completely redesigned interface makes navigating around the PC security program quick and easy.
- Improved Desktop gadget lets you see your computer’s security status instantly and gives you quick access to essential security settings inside Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012:
Kaspersky Internet Security has won many awards since years and the new 2012 version is able to secure the most effective and complete protection of a computer from all sorts of electronic threats – malicious programs, hacker attacs and spam. and more. Its cutting-edge, hybrid approach to digital security combines innovative, cloud-based technologies with advanced antivirus protection to deliver a faster, more effective response to today’s complex, ever-evolving threats. You, your private data and PC are completely protected as you work, bank, shop and play online.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 Key Features:
- Improved Kaspersky URL Advisor marks web links with a color-coded tag that shows their danger level and allows you to choose whether to open them.
- New Kaspersky File Advisor checks file safety with a single click of the mouse.
- Improved System Watcher monitors suspicious application activities and allows you to roll back system changes made by malware
- Improved Application Control restricts program access to personal data and system files according to the level of danger that each program presents.
- Safe Run Mode Lets you launch suspicious applications and websites in a special, isolated environment where they cannot harm your computer
- Two-way personal firewall protects against hacker attacks
- Improved Anti-Phishing and Anti-Spam technology provides reliable protection for your personal information and guards against unwanted spam and adware.
- Improved Parental Control provides flexible and effective settings to keep children extra-safe when they use computers and the Internet.
- New Completely redesigned interface makes navigating around security settings inside Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 quick and easy.
Main known issues:
- When installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 over the 2011 version, the previously activated additional license for the 2011 version will not be inherited by the 2012 version.
- If AVPTool (Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool) is detected on your computer during the installation, it is required that you either select automatic uninstallation of this application followed by reboot, or uninstall it manually.
- The limiting of the maximum size cannot be applied to Quarantine and Backup correctly.
- If File Anti-Virus has been paused by schedule, the Pause / Resume protection item misses in the context menu of the application.
- Some windows of the application don’t follow completely MS recommendations regarding managing from keyboard (Tab, Alt-X).
- The application may return errors when copying updates to a non-existing folder.
- In some cases, no characters can be entered at the Virtual Keyboard in entry fields of web browsers or applications.
- Functioning of Parental Control may become unstable if the account name coincides with the computer name.
- Safe Run for Applications does not support startup of custom scan from the context menu of an object.
- When you move an application from one group to another and then back in Application Control, child processes lose their initial restrictions.
Download Kaspersky Antivirus & Internet Security 2012:
- Download Kaspersky Antivirus 2012: KAV 2012
- Download Kaspersky Internet Security 2012: KIS 2012
- Download Kaspersky Antivirus & Internet Security 2012 Removal tool: Link
KAV 2012 online training courses: Link
KIS 2012 online training courses: Link
- Some will not be able see these downloads for 24 hours or more until servers are synched, its still very early days in the productlife of version 2012
- English distributive comes with a limited database (only signatures for some important malware families and heuristics), hence the smaller size of the installer. The application will automatically update itself, but you can initiate an update manually after installation.
Existing Kaspersky users can upgrade to the latest 2012 version for free if they have a valid license:
How to upgrade Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010/2011 to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012: Link
How to upgrade Kaspersky Internet Security 2010/2011 to Kaspersky Internet Security 2012: Link